PDQ Powercat lost at sea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Just saw this on my FB feed:

IMG_1480981764.191073.jpg

I'm sorry to read this. Brings back bad memories of a family friends nephew and his friend about 18 months ago. I hope all will be well.

Not much of a friend if he didn't go crew for him.

Hope they find him curled up with a fifth in Green Turtle.

I'm sorry to read this. Brings back bad memories of a family friends nephew and his friend about 18 months ago. I hope all will be well.

Wifey B: I know a teen who knew the kids, went to school with them I believe.

My heart hurts everyday for them.

I never heard any further report once the boat was recovered and turned over to FWC. There was hope to get some clues either from the boat or the iPhone.

Last articles I found were April/May time period. Here's one from the Daily Mail of all papers. I do question the reliability of some of their information as it's not things I'd read anywhere else.

Last Snapchat of Florida teens who died in fishing tragedy revealed | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if the PDQ has an Epirb?
The parents of the boys who went missing convinced the State of Florida to offer a discount on registrations of boats equipped with An Epirb.

You're jumping to a rather big conclusion. :D

Maybe so. I just figured I would title it like that in case anyone knew this boat and could set the record straight. I hope the boat and captain are not lost at sea, obviously.

Edit:

Just check back on FB to see if there was an update, and I obviously jumped the gun trying to help. Whoops!

Posed on FB:

Jan Beagle
Great news! The US Coast Guard spoke with West End Immigration and Bob on SeaHawk did check in. They also contacted him via VHF radio and made sure he was OK. He is in the Abacos. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Like2Reply · More · 3 hours ago

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom