81 mainship renovation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royaleron

Vessel Make
81 Mainship 34
Can't find a replacement door latch for my sliding cockpit aluminum door. Big box store replacements are too small (but better quality) Anyone have suggestions for OEM names? Also have cracked sliding side window. Other than removing the bimini and sliding a new boat underneath any suggestions for getting the window out of the track? Frame is one solid piece with no screws to separate inside and outside. Removed flocking in the track but, I'm still 1/8 inch shy. Last but not least, any information on hydraulic bow and stern thrusters originally made by Wolfpak Marine, seattle, wa would be greatly appreciated. Members of this forum have an unbelievable amount of experience so I'm hoping someone can help me.

The latches are made by Adams rite. The part number is on there under all the dirt and grime. We replaced ours and ordered them with a new set of keys.

For the window, I'm not sure. We have all ours but I worry about loose sinkers from a fishing pier nearby. I'll be watching what others say

Good luck

Gabe

Royaleron, are you a flyer? We replaced both door latches they were also Adams Rite. Got ours from ABSupply. If you remove it from the door you may find part number and manufacturer stamped some where inside of it. Thats how I found what ours was...
Ordered a right hand and left hand door latch with matching keys. That simplified the which key for which door circus.
The window... you seem to be suggesting that it will not lift up and out. No idea about that problem either.

There seems to be much info on the yahoo site about side windows. I remember someone there used an angle cut 2x4 to wedge open the frame enough to get the glass out. I'm attacking my windows in the next few months to replace the schegel (flocked trim) parts.

Glass windows "should" lift out. I used a small jack with 2x4 blocking and was surprised with the amount of force necessary to spread the frame enough to remove the glass.

Back
Top Bottom