Dauntless Crosses the Atlantic Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Hi All,

Some of you already know that I am crossing the Atlantic as we speak.

Just finished 4 days to the Canaries and tomorrow depart for Barbados.

See you in North America

So jealous and to think I let a Kadey Krogen42 slip through my fingers some time ago.

Safe travels

Be safe and have a great trip, I will be following along via your Delorme.

Will you be able to text your progress to a member for forum postings allowing us to ride along as you did across the N Atlantic?

Your Irish arrival was epic reading. Thx, PD

Well done. Plain sailing, and fair weather...

All the best to you and may God Bless your voyage.

Thank you for sharing, enjoy the trip, hope the weather gods are in your favor!
Cheers, Pairadice!

May it go well.

Safe travels!

Ted

Are you single handling again?

He's not single handling at this moment, there are two other crew members aboard.

P.s. I thought I'd jump in and answer this one since I have been communicating with Richard about the details of transiting the Panama Canal plus he's already departed Las Palmas on his way to Barbados with no internet, only his Delorme inReach for text messages. Note: I'll be joining him as crew him once he reaches the Panama Canal to assist during the canal transit and then up the Pacific coast (maybe even a detour to the Galapagos Islands... wouldn't that be a treat!).

Last edited:
He's not single handed at this moment, there are two other crew members aboard.

P.s. I thought I'd jump in and answer this one since I have been communicating with Richard about the details of transiting the Panama Canal and he's already departed Las Palmas. Note: I'll also be joining him as crew him once he reaches the Panama Canal to assist during his canal transit and then up the Pacific coast (maybe even a detour to the Galapagos Islands... wouldn't that be a treat!).

Thanks for the info. What kind of seas can he expect at this time of year crossing from the Canary Islands to Barbados? Guess I should follow his blog.

I kind of wish we had more posts on travels to the south and central Americas.

Richard sent me a video but I see no way to share it using this phone ap. He's currently steering 260 with swells 10'-12' from the west and 6' wind swells from the SW. Only he and Micah are on board.

At this moment he's got 100º/1.9m at 5 second intervals.

You can get a general idea of the sea conditions here: https://www.windytv.com/?waves,8.472,-30.059,5

Note: Click a location on the map for more information. You can also get an extended forecast as well.

Look it's me.
Still have cell coverage for now.

Windyty does tell it ,BUT you must check out both wind generated waves and swell.

The issue now, South of Grand Canary is that there is a 3 meterz swell from the west. Then the 1.5 m wind waves from the 150°

Richard sent me a video but I see no way to share it using this phone ap. He's currently steering 260 with swells 10'-12' from the west and 6' wind swells from the SW. Only he and Micah are on board.

I realized that if I can still send, I can post to tf also. But can't gig how to send video.

ForumRunner_20161204_180644.jpg

How long/where will you be staying in Barbados?

In post #19, what screen full of graphs & data has Richard shown?

Good luck, I wish you a great trip. Take your time to get a correct weather window. During your journey if you see a bag floating around with some fishing stuff in it please grab it and keep it onboard, I lost it during a fishing trip in France last September!
Joke appart, what you are about to do is my dream so take care and enjoy!
Cheers!

Lou

Richard, what is the DeLorme website so we can follow ou?

Thanks Mike, I found him. We'll have to keep an eye on him in case he starts going in circles like he did on his way to Ireland.

Have a memorable passage. G

As always, following along Richard. Not sure which one I'd like to have most: Your guts or your boat.:blush:

Looks like Richard is on El Hierro in a well protected harbor. Don't have to worry about him tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom