Leaving Knoxville for south Florida on a 4788

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Th elogs and trash start to really show up when you get down past mile 50 on the Tenn-Tom, or is that still part of the Mobile River?

Th elogs and trash start to really show up when you get down past mile 50 on the Tenn-Tom, or is that still part of the Mobile River?

If it's above where the Alabama River flows in, then it's the Tombigbee, which is the stretch south from where the TN Tom and Black Warrior come together. If it's below where the Alabama River flows in then it's the Mobile River.

We stopped about the 12 if the chart showed mile markers Big briar. Excellent anchorage

Hey David

Tomorrow night we should be in Turner Marina. I'm sure you will be gone by then. If not, I will see if I can hop over to Grand Mariner.

Well I wouldn't go back to the grand mariner. It was a pretty ruff looking crowd docked there. I was a little worried when we left the boat. We stayed one night and left with 15knt winds. I had a heck of a time getting fuel at dog river. The winds and the current were tough. I us d the throttles at times with one at idle and the other at 2000.

IMG_0024.JPG
Bobbies fish camp is a must. We had a great dinner. And they have new docks. We also met a great group of loopers.

As in several sections tied together. No rafting this time. But when I was here three years ago I wasn't sure I was going to be a bobbies fish camp in the morning. They were pretty bad

IMG_0034.JPG
Leaving mobile bay for the gulf shores.

There was a bit of a chop but my first mate apprentice handled it well.
IMG_0036.JPG
Not sure if she got more nervious or reassured watching the rescuers

As in several sections tied together. No rafting this time. But when I was here three years ago I wasn't sure I was going to be a bobbies fish camp in the morning. They were pretty bad

Yes, I'd read in the past about their condition and the lack of power or reachable power. They were not on our intended places to stop.

I was there the other night. There were 4 boats tied up to the dock. Because we all needed fuel, we played musical chairs, or boats, that is. There was only electricity for 3 of us so one boat ran their generator. There was no wi-fi and no one around except to fuel us up. Another boat showed up after a while. He was told via cell phone to raft up and they would be there in 15 mins. After 30 mins the boat called them back and Bobby's said the man was on his way and will be there shortly. After another 30 mins. and no Bobby's guy, the boat untied and left. They were delivering the boat to Ky Lake and fortunately had a spare 100 gal. tank on the front deck and a high speed pump. they just didn't want to cut into the spare fuel.
I was never a big fan of Bobby's

Well I made it threw the pan handle. Stayed at Sandestin resort. It was $3.50 per ft. It may have been worth it in the warm weather but not now. It was dead. Pretty tho.
IMG_1481509491.526358.jpg

We stayed at bay point marina in Panama City. I wouldn't stay again. Nothing there and the people weren't very knowledgeable.

I was able to cruise most of the way threw the pan handle 20mph. It's mostly likely me a river with a small 20 yard strip of beach between us an the gulf.

IMG_1481510566.679634.jpg
Now waiting for the seas to settle. Tomorrow should be two footers We can handle that.

We got up in the morning and it was a bit foggy. There were a few boats leaving to cross. I tied down a few things and got ready for the cross. As far as I could see I can expect about 2 footers. It should calm as we get close to Tampa.

As we were going out to our starting point and trying to find the markers in the fog. Wouldn't ya know it there was two outta the three that left coming back. I saw a loopers flag but they can't be loopers. Really...

This will be Bonnie's test. If she can do this a Bahamas trip is nothing.

IMG_1481677398.757386.jpg
Some of the essentials needed for a boating retirement especially the thick wallet.

IMG_1481677548.849606.jpg
If you look over to the left you'll see what I think is going to be Bonnie's 10 iron. And she's watching the birdies not hitting them.

Back
Top Bottom