Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: Bye bye Bimini!

Quote:
Woodsong wrote:
Not the island- but my bimini up on the bridge!!! Major storms are tearing through Chattanooga today/tonight. *A dock neighbor called me this morning to let me know that my bimini had met it's demise. *It seems the winds were so high it tore the bimini loose and bent the stainless steel frame all up! *Replacing the bimini top was on my "to do" list but not at the top- it has suddenly thrust itself to the top of the list now! *

To make matters more fun, a huge oak tree fell across the gangway to the dock and crushed all the power meters for the dock so the dock has no power today. *I'll have to get my neighbors to crank my generator for me for a while tomorrow to charge everything up since I don't have a remote switch here in the office. *
*Tony, I hope it didn't hurt that beautiful paint job.* I can attest to the strength of the storm.* My neighbos 4 blocks down the street (the county jail) got their front door blown in.* I guess all the prisoners ran out.* We are not out of the woods on this yet.* It looks like it's coming your way in Woodstock later tonight.* Take care.

Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote