Sending Thanks Messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I just changed my email address on the forum and afterwards I was somehow directed to the "Thanks" that I received from previous posts, some of which also had messages. In fact there were 37 in total that I had not seen.

Is there any setting that I need to change to ensure I am made aware of these? I was not aware and there were some comments that I would have responded to.

Go to "User CP" select "Edit Option" and go to the bottom of the page and make sure the box shown it checked, then you will receive a PM notification when you are thanked.........:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-11-27 at 7.46.46 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-11-27 at 7.46.46 PM.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 125
Thanks, Mike! I learned something new! Mine was unchecked and I didn't even know it was there.

Thanks! ;)

I'm surprised that doesn't default to being clicked?

It would be nice to have a "like" post button too!

X4 Didn't know this existed either. My apologies to those I failed to respond to in the past.

I'm surprised that doesn't default to being clicked?

When I first joined TF in 2012 it was the default, but somewhere along the line it apparently got changed.

Wow! I found that I had 47 "Thanks". For what I haven't got a clue. Is there any way to see these?

Wow! I found that I had 47 "Thanks". For what I haven't got a clue. Is there any way to see these?

They are usually just a thanks for posting in the thread indicated - sometimes with a message. They are not intended to be responded to.

In the PM messanges click on " You have been thanked" to open the message, in the message you will see the text "I appreciated this post that you mad", the words "this post" is a hyperlink that will take you to your post that so you can see what you said that you were thanked for.............:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom