Local Cruising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great photos! That's one serious looking boat too!

Watcha mean serious?

Is that good or bad?

SD

LOL** Serious....meaning salty, good looking, safe, strong, etc.
biggrin.gif

Dude,

Just noticed that guy up in the mast and poles. Don't look safe to me. Love your pics though. Looks and sounds colder up there. Still snows now and then here but we're mostly into rain now. No more ice in the water at all. We were in Ketchikan all day tuesday and it rained hard all day and blew 25. Thankfully we had the car.

PG,

Make Don put up more steamy pics. I can handle the wind up here look'in at his pics.

Eric, here's one to hold you over.* It is a couple of the grandkids swimming at a deserted beach at Man-O-War Cay in the Abacos.* The water felt like silk on your skin.

The 2nd picture was made by friends on Second Star as they crossed the Gulf Stream back from the Bahamas about a week ago.* It shows the true color of the Stream and about 20 dolphin playing in her bow wave.

Eric, the PNW has the beauty of the mountains and nature.* Here it is all about the water and sand and beaches.* Nature abounds here also.

Hardy anything beats trolling in the cobalt blue waters of the Gulf Stream along a line of*golden sargassum weed.* Sargassum has its own miniature ecosystem.* The small crustaceans and sealife living in it attract small fish to feast on them.* The small fish attract larger fish.* When you find a line or large area, you can almost always catch all the dolphin (mahi-mahi) you want, and other fish up to blue marlin.* A well made up line of sargassum will almost always guarantee a successful day of fishing.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Friday 15th of April 2011 06:14:08 AM

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Friday 15th of April 2011 06:17:11 AM

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Friday 15th of April 2011 06:21:49 AM

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Friday 15th of April 2011 09:28:05 AM

Attachments

• dolphinsinxing063.jpg
    dolphinsinxing063.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 59
  • y 008.jpg
    y 008.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 61
  • sargassum_sargasso_sea.jpg
    sargassum_sargasso_sea.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 51
Moonstruck wrote:
* Sargassum has its own miniature ecosystem.* The small crustaceans and sealife living in it attract small fish to feast on them.* The small fish attract larger fish.* When you find a line or large area, you can almost always catch all the dolphin (mahi-mahi) you want, and other fish up to blue marlin.* A well made up line of sargassum will almost always guarantee a successful day of fishing.
*I have seen something similar in the waters up here in Alaska.

You will see little pads of seaweed and flotsum with a small bird that lives on them. I don't know what kind.**Sort of looks like a snipe. long toes. Anyway they hang out on there little floating island. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Very cool pics Don.

Some day I have to make it down to that area of the world. Can't stay in the snow and dark all my life.*

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Friday 15th of April 2011 10:04:40 AM

A picture for Tony on Living Light.* It kind of reminds me of some of your pictures, Skipperdude.* This one was taken early morning on the Tennessee River.* In the original print, it is hard to tell which is top or bottom.* It was our Trawler China Doll.* The picture is circa 1982.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 03:57:54 PM

Attachments

• china doll morning on the tennessee.jpg
    china doll morning on the tennessee.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 59
abacos photo looks like a postcard!* I still haven't found a teleporter, otherwise I think I'd be THERE!

Pineapple Girl wrote:
abacos photo looks like a postcard!* I still haven't found a teleporter, otherwise I think I'd be THERE!
*Thanks, Jennifer.* It is no credit to the photographer.* The place actually looks like a post card.

I think you can pick up a teleporter at a Startrek convention.
biggrin.gif

Wondered where you've been.

Moonstruck wrote:
A picture for Tony on Living Light.* It kind of reminds me of some of your pictures, Skipperdude.* This one was taken early morning on the Tennessee River.* In the original print, it is hard to tell which is top or bottom.* It was our Trawler China Doll.* The picture is circa 1982.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 03:57:54 PM
*Don, cool photo! *Just now saw your post- not been on the forums much lately due to being crazy busy with work.

Moonstruck wrote:Pineapple Girl wrote:
*Thanks, Jennifer.* It is no credit to the photographer.* The place actually looks like a post card.

I think you can pick up a teleporter at a Startrek convention.
biggrin.gif

Wondered where you've been.

I'm back!* My new home based job started out with a bunch of travel!* LOL.* I was in NC for 13 nights in a three week period.* Got to see my parents and some old friends at least.* Now I have time for trawler forum and all my virtual friends again.*
wink.gif
* not to mention my BOAT!

Pineapple Girl wrote:**

*my virtual friends again.*

I thought we were all *BFF..

Ho hum. I am only virtual.
biggrin.gif

*I may take a long virtual sea voyage. Till I*get over this.
evileye.gif
biggrin.gif

SD

Pineapple Girl wrote:
I just looked up where that was.* I had tried to convince my husband we should move to Port Charlotte with no sucess.*
smile.gif
sure looks nice, though that is pretty darned windy!

We lived in Charlotte County for over 10 years...not a bad place to live...but...there are some strange people running the local government agencies...but compared to SF Bay its probably "tame".... government....* Right now you can buy real estate there for a song compared to where you are.* Taxes are probably much less...as in much less, as in mega less...especially since FL does not have income taxes...

But you have to be careful where you buy...if you expect to dock a boat.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom