View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #44
capt jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune View Post
The 63 and 74 has a similar setup but not the "same" setup. You ever seen a 63 with bulwark bow and the anchor thru the bow, like a ship ? Every 63 I've ever seen had the same flat bow and full height stainless rails like the 55. Maybe the 63 had a day head....that part I don't know.

Ironically the 55 had a little larger master stateroom than the 65....this because the 55 had a tiny aft deck with no cockpit....but mostly because the 55 used Detroit 8V engines and therefore had a much smaller engine room than the 12V powered 65 like mine (with two 20kW generators instead of one)

Another difference are spiral staircases to the staterooms and the flybridge, where they were just straight on the older models.

Somewhere on the net is a 1993 or so magazine article about the new 65 Viking CPMY which shows the details. It also mentions MAN engines as standard however....thank goodness ours has Detroits, as MAN engines scare me tof o death with their high maintenance costs. In fact if it had MAN's we never would have bought it in the first place.

The owners manuals that came with the boat state it was made in New Gretna, NJ.
you are right i but i do know that some of them layed around up there for 2or 3 yrs and the year of the build was changed on the transom? also the quality control at the old gulf star factory was no near as good as NJ. just my 2cents
capt jerry is offline   Reply With Quote