View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
RE: She swims!

Hi, Darrell, posting from London at present. We are off finally our our equivalent to Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. Just did Ferrari World in Dubai on the way. Interesting area. Challenging driving the way you people do on what we call the wrong side of the road - 'course you all say the same re us - it's what you are used to, I guess. But yes...it was 'interesting', I wish I could say it came quite naturally to me, like Marin feels when he drives in the UK, but it decidedly did not, but we mucked through and got the hang of it, and praise the Lord for GPS. Although the fact the chip was quite out of date re many major road interchanges made for interesting times as well. Ferrari world was fantastic, and the road down from Dubai to Abu Dhabi was incredible - 6 lanes most of the way.
Anyway back the the boat. She's lookin' good. However, looking at her derriere, so to speak, I have to say Darrell, it just cries out for that cockpit and side decks canopy extension like we did to ours, which is virtually identical to your boat. We still feel it was the best thing we ever did so far, in terms of improving the comfort out in sun and rain. I think it's a mod which would add more in re-sale that it costs to do really.
Regards,
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote