Fishing quandary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take the beers, shake well, line them up against a safe background.
From 100 yards tap each in the centre with a fast moving piece of lead
that has a hollow point (Remington Yellowjackets come to mind).
Enjoy the show with no danger of fire from pyrotechnics.
Tell the local kiddies to pick up the cans for deposit return.
Take bait, go fishing with a good feeling.
You had a good show, were eco-mined (had the remains collected),
gave youth a job that would return them a fiscal advantage.
All-round a good fellow, civically resposible.

Ted

OK everybody! I need your help with this one. It's a quandary for me and I can use some direction.

Let's say that due to some freak in nature, you arrive at the dock with your bait and beer to load aboard and cast off for a dream 3-day fishing trip. You learn that you can either load your bait OR your beer, but not both!

Which do you take and why?
Beer. You can catch bait

Al, you always bring the beer!

Check the boat's freezer for bait.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is some new proposal from Sacramento to further regulate the nanny state. Simple solution is to move (at least the boat) to a more sane state. Everybody knows that you can't fish without beer.

Ted

Forget about the boat........sit on the dock and fish there while drinking the beers!

That's a no brainer load the beer,I only use live bait anyway,can always catch bait

I’ve got plenty of artificial lures in my tackle box. No bait needed.

Clearly a Quandry! Let me sit on the dock and drink several beers in order to come up with a logical solution.

So that is where my beer went!! Wait a minute you don't drink real beer!!

Take the beer. You can catch some bait when you
get there.

Or, if not, who cares? Isn't the main point of fishing to have an excuse to drink beer?

My guess exactly. But the Admiral would not agree as "Fishing is the Mission" is her attitude!!

Rest assured this is a hypothetical quandary. I would never own a boat not capable of carrying beer AND bait...and if I did, I'd never admit it in a public forum! :hide:

It's sure been entertaining reading your replies, though! :thumb:

You are telling us it was a dream? A wet dream???:eek:

So catch your bait, BUT hold the ropes and lines!!!!

Which one? Coors in 30 pack cans or AA in a half-rack bottles? Oh what a horrible situation that involves "Day Drinking!!!":D

Attachments

• df5fe12c-018e-4dc8-946c-9e3116f85c7d.3facb4a1afbc2e83c5936126d8bf74b2.jpeg
    df5fe12c-018e-4dc8-946c-9e3116f85c7d.3facb4a1afbc2e83c5936126d8bf74b2.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • AMBER-Bottle-and-Pint-and-Can.jpg
    AMBER-Bottle-and-Pint-and-Can.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 18
A properly prepared mariner would already have a supply of nerve tonic on board therefor forgetting the beer would not be the worst thing.

Btw Alaskan Amber ��

I need to try me some Alaskan Amber

You guys crack me up. I just finished rereading this thread from 5 years ago!! How come no one suggested taking half the bait and half the beer?

Thank God I don't have to make that choice...

(BTW, the word "beer" in my posts ALWAYS implies IPAs. Coors Light is just redundant. :hide:)

You guys crack me up. I just finished rereading this thread from 5 years ago!! How come no one suggested taking half the bait and half the beer?

Thank God I don't have to make that choice...

(BTW, the word "beer" in my posts ALWAYS implies IPAs. Coors Light is just redundant. :hide:)
Half the beer!! Blasmy I say, just not right!!!

OK everybody! I need your help with this one. It's a quandary for me and I can use some direction.

Let's say that due to some freak in nature, you arrive at the dock with your bait and beer to load aboard and cast off for a dream 3-day fishing trip. You learn that you can either load your bait OR your beer, but not both!

Which do you take and why?

You obviously haven't returned your empties in a while.

There is ALWAYS a third option. Take the beer, and give the bait to a fishing buddy and have him partner up (Buddy Boat) with you. Then when you get out there, periodically trade beer for bait with your buddy.

Hand off's are easy, that's why you carry spare poly-balls. ;)

The problem is not too much beer or too much bait it’s not enough boat.

Back
Top Bottom