Island Gypsy 44, specifications needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dean Homer

I am looking at purchasing an Island Gypsy 44 1979 build year and need to have it transported across Europe to the UK. I have managed to find out the length, beam and water draft, however I can find no info on the distance from the water line to the top of the flybridge screen. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated, also if any one has a copy of an owners manual that as well may be very useful.

Many thanks

The Owners Book for my 36 gives some basic dimensions for other models. Height of a fibreglass 44 is 17ft. Where that measures from/to is not clear, but I doubt it includes bimini frame height or draft, so it`s probably what you want. To check against what you already have, it gives LOA 44`3", LWL 40'6", Beam 14'6", Draft 4'3".

Dean, I have a 1983 44 flush deck, I can throw a tape measure over it if you still need that info

I am looking at one as well. Need to truck it from CA to Idaho. Must be under 16’. Is this possible if we take off props and or rudder as well as windscreen or will the flybridge need to be removed? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

My 1987 IG 36 Classic LRT is measures 16' 09" from the bottom of the kill to the highest point of the fly bridge fiberglass.
Dean many times people putt their boats on the bigger cargo boats and get them where they need them. My boat was originally sold in U.K. how did it make it to USA is a good question.
Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom