Finally Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it appears you have no friends, let me explain to you how it works. Howard and his wife (fabulous cook) have had me over for dinner on their boat a number of times. Since I'm gallery challenged, I enjoy taking them to dinner.

Hope you find some friends that are as welcoming as they are to me.

Ted

Jackie and I are blushing. We are blessed to have Ted as a friend and look forward to many more good times together. I do however keep my good shoes hidden from everybody. Once burned as they say.

Last day of the trip. Pretty sunrise and flat water on the Caloosahatchee river. Great day to finish!

Ted

Ted....What Marina did you finally decide to call home for the winter?

Greetings,
Mr. OC. Well, I, for one, am glad you're almost "home". I don't think I could have suffered through another week of your "adventures". It should be against the law to have so much fun...Just sayin'

giphy.gif

Oh, you've arrived! Well then, that explains the sudden visit of the Debaucherita's Biker Gang and why they were in such a hurry to be dropped off in Ft. Myers.

Attachments

• debaucheritas.jpg
    debaucheritas.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 59
Cape Coral Godman Yacht Basin

Ted

That's a good location. Restaurant on site is very busy in season. Easy access to great daytime cruising areas. My condo is up by the US41 bridges we run the CC down to the restaurant for lunch.

How do you get around on land while wintering there?

My home is in Fort Myers. Will fly up to Maryland Thursday to get my pickup, go to Marthas Vineyard, Massachusetts for Thanksgiving, and drive back to Fort Myers. :facepalm:

In the mean time, Enterprise car rental will come pick you up. :thumb:

Ted

My home is in Fort Myers. Will fly up to Maryland Thursday to get my pickup, go to Marthas Vineyard, Massachusetts for Thanksgiving, and drive back to Fort Myers. :facepalm:

In the mean time, Enterprise car rental will come pick you up. :thumb:

Ted

Yes, this year, we rented many times from Enterprise as we were in many locations they were the only game in town.

Nice trip, Ted - enjoyed following along. Where did you anchor up or tie up Saturday night on Lake O? Or did you get across to Moore Haven?

Last Monday afternoon I was down in Palm Coast visiting our TF friend "Donna" aboard her new Southerly. Marine Traffic showed you were in the 'hood, so we tried shouting you up on 16 and 13. No joy. Sorry to have missed you this time on your way through Jacksonville.

Well I'm finally here!

20161113_151722.jpg

Ever wonder how safe the marina is? Not here. They're 2 slips over. :)

20161113_152119.jpg

Ted

Nice trip, Ted - enjoyed following along. Where did you anchor up or tie up Saturday night on Lake O? Or did you get across to Moore Haven?

Last Monday afternoon I was down in Palm Coast visiting our TF friend "Donna" aboard her new Southerly. Marine Traffic showed you were in the 'hood, so we tried shouting you up on 16 and 13. No joy. Sorry to have missed you this time on your way through Jacksonville.

Have a friend with a dock just before the Ortona lock.

Yes, I missed Donna on Tuesday when I came through. She had to work. Hopefully we can meet up in Fort Pierce in February.

Ted

Great trip, Ted! Thanks for bringing us along. Hope you settle into your new 'hood quickly.

Cheers to you on a great journey and thread!!

Oh, you've arrived! Well then, that explains the sudden visit of the Debaucherita's Biker Gang and why they were in such a hurry to be dropped off in Ft. Myers.

I see that they were all looking in the opposite direction from Bucky.

Apparently I missed a few other residents of the marina.

20161113_165838.jpg

20161113_165904.jpg

:) :thumb:

Ted

Great trip, Ted! Thanks for bringing us along. Hope you settle into your new 'hood quickly.

Cheers to you on a great journey and thread!!

Thanks for coming along! Think I'm going to like it here.

Thanks again for sharing....

That's what I'm here for, sunsets and sunrises. :rolleyes:

;)

I see that they were all looking in the opposite direction from Bucky.

Ouch! Probably already wore Larry out. :rofl:

Ted

Since it appears you have no friends, let me explain to you how it works. Howard and his wife (fabulous cook) have had me over for dinner on their boat a number of times. Since I'm gallery challenged, I enjoy taking them to dinner.

Hope you find some friends that are as welcoming as they are to me.

Ted

Now now, no need to be snippy.

I enjoyed your trip. It was an inspiration. Thanks for posting.
Now I just need to do it myself.

Ted: With that marina picture, you finally gave me a flattering angle of Slow Hand to work with. She sure is a beauty.

Attachments

• Ted's boat cleaned adj..jpg
    Ted's boat cleaned adj..jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 136
regarding "how do you get around?"; when weather has forced us to leave the boat in some of the more out of the way locations around the Chesapeake where a rental car agency was too far away, even Enterprise, that usually there is a U-Haul store close by and we've rented a small truck. The added bonus is the truck is cheaper than the car and there is not a drop charge for a one way rental. Now if I knew of a layover ahead of time, I could maybe find a load and pay for the rental. Done this enough that it has become my 1st call.

What a beautiful picture of Slow Hand. Welcome home!

Well it's a beautiful Saturday on Chesapeake Bay. Wind is about 5 knots out of the North and I'm down bound with the tidal current, be in Norfolk, VA by noon. It blew up to 45 knots out of the NW for the last 3 days and remnants of tropical storm Nestor will be arriving in Norfolk tomorrow. So, in my normal fashion, underway by 1:30AM to take advantage of the weather window.

Thought I would revive this thead of my annual trips South to Fort Myers. Hoping to catch up with a few TF friends and check out a few new stops along the way. Should be a fun 3 weeks. 2nd stateroom is still available for those following by internet. ;)

Ted

Safe traveling, Ted. One morning this week a big Fleming was southbound in the ICW, churning along at a good clip. The migration has begun.

Hi Ted, We await your arrival. Be safe. H and J.

Safe and happy travels, Sir Ted! Looking forward to getting underway soon myself.

As soon as the Nestor remnants clear out this afternoon, we are going to have us some nice weather for those adventurous enough to travel up the God's country here in the panhandle. Who knows, may pier may even get repaired for Hurricane Michael's damages this fall with its 16X48 and 18X48 slips either side of Frolic's lift.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom