Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow, this French Trawler -Cruiser style boat builder has escaped my notice until now. Builds include 36, 43, 47 and a prospective 57. Twin diesel & apparently twin keel design.

36 TRAWLER - Rhéa Marine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Seems to be holding its resale value quite well considering its a 45 year old wooden boat. But is it just me or does it look like it's taking on water at the stern?

IMG_1477239304.474917.jpgIMG_1477239322.764914.jpgIMG_1477239354.385505.jpg

Passed this one in Bay City, MI this morning. Haven't seen it around before. She's got chain plates and a bowsprit. I wonder if she's got a mast and sail rig.

Last edited:
The sheer does look like it aught to sweep up a bit more aft or be extended about 6 ft.

That's good.....One of her previous owners contacted me about extending the hull and adding a round fantail stern. I made a sketch but it went nowhere......

That looks like a good boat Larry.

Larry how can one see where they are going? If ever there was a need for a "raised PH" ........

I think I know that hull. Very nice.

Attachments

• Branson Trawler 52.jpg
    Branson Trawler 52.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Perhaps of interest to people with longer range cruising in mind:

20161117_SagIntuitionCS.jpg

196-Foot Floating ‘Landmark’ for Sale

It is hard to imagine Sag Harbor without the Intuition II, a 196-foot-long yacht. Owned by Patrick E. Malloy for 18 years and tied up at the dock at his marina south of Long Wharf, it has been up for sale for a year, and, with a recent price drop, may not be back next summer.

“When they’re coming into the harbor,” Robert Bori, the village harbormaster, said of boaters, “it’s one of the first things they see. It’s almost like a landmark.”

“It’s such a fixture in Sag Harbor,” said Bruce Tait, a yacht broker whose office is in one of Mr. Malloy’s buildings near the marina. “It bookends the season,” he said. The yacht remains in the village until after Thanksgiving, when it usually heads south. “It signals the start of the season and signals the complete end of the season.”

Listed with Pam Barlow of Luke Brown Yachts, it is on the market for $4.95 million, down from its original list price of $7.5 million a year ago. “Having owned and loved Intuition II for over 18 years, her owner has reluctantly decided that it is time to let her go,” the listing says. “She has many more years of good life and longer trips in her.”

Full story here:

196-Foot Floating ‘Landmark’ for Sale | The East Hampton Star

Full Boat Details here:

http://www.lukebrownyachts.com/196-amels-1972-intuition/

IMG_1479755996.451507.jpg

This was spotted in Key West. [emoji23]

Haha, that guy was tooling around while I was there in December. Seemed to work, but noisy as hell. I could here him across the harbor.

Glen.L design Tug.

Anyone else got any pretty Tug photos/drawings/plans?

JRn5xlH.jpg

Last edited:
Small Dutch steel boat

Not that beautiful neither ugly, for canal/sea-coast cruising:
What do you think about this 10 meters Dutch boat: 10 x 3.3 x 0.9 meter / 8000kg
Hollandia 1000 AK (after cabin)
https://www.inautia.fr/bateau-29921020152154575498102495355451.html

This one below for sale, 1990 (one owner since 1993), with some different lay-out: same after cabin and same bimini for shade / but wider kitchen (to port & starboard) with dining-table at front / 2 thrusters...100hp engine (Volvo...!) only 600h.
But a lot of steps: 3 from pilot-house towards (narrow) side-decks / and same towards kitchen or aft'cabin.
Opened lay-out from pilothouse frontwards to kitchen and to front (bow) dining-table.

Attachments

• Hollandia 1200x900.jpg
    Hollandia 1200x900.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Not specially one beautiful boat but not ugly, for canal/sea-coast cruising:
What do you think about this 10 meters Dutch boat: 10 x 3.3 x 0.9 meter / 8000kg
Hollandia 1000 AK (after cabin)
https://www.inautia.fr/bateau-29921020152154575498102495355451.html

This one below is for sale (my area), 1990 (one owner since 1993), with some different lay-out: same after cabin and same bimini for shade / but wider kitchen (to port & starboard) with dining-table at front / 2 thrusters...100hp engine (Volvo...!) only 600h.
But a lot of steps: 3 from pilot-house towards (narrow) side-decks / and same towards kitchen or aft'cabin.
Opened lay-out from pilothouse frontwards to kitchen and to front (bow) dining-table.

I like the outside view... Edit - Found that link in my post brings up views

Back
Top Bottom