Finally Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunrise from the confluence of the Ortega and St Johns rivers.

View attachment 58348

Like the song says, "Another tank of gas, back on the road again".

Ted
C'mom Ted....you are killing me. :eek:

Please stop till I get at least as far as Norfolk!!! :thumb:

Still have 3 weeks till departure..... :facepalm:

Tonight's sunset next to Ponce De Leon inlet, from Ted's new secret anchorage.

20161108_164500.jpg

Ted

Way behind you Ted. Sunset at Broad Creek Anchorage just before Albemarle Sound. Great sunset.

Attachments

• 1108161719a.jpg
    1108161719a.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 40
Way behind you Ted. Sunset at Broad Creek Anchorage just before Albemarle Sound. Great sunset.

I was there 3 weeks ago. Nice anchorage! What's your final destination?

Ted

Last edited:
Dropping the boat off at New Bern. We will pick her up Jan 2 and head to Long Boat Key.

That island doesn't appear on my charts. I think you're being a boob. :angel:

Ted

Uh huh. You think we natives don't have the skinny on the anchorages huh?

Seriously, that's a nice little cut off the ICW if that is where you are.

Dropping the boat off at New Bern. We will pick her up Jan 2 and head to Long Boat Key.

Where do you stay in New Bern?

We're thinking about making that a drop-off point sometimes, too...

-Chris

If your plans include a stop in or near Fort Myers, let's get together for dinner.

Ted

Sunrise over New Smyrna Beach.

20161109_063500.jpg

Time to leave NJ, Psneeld. :flowers:

Ted

It's a lake out here this morning. Wind is under 2 knots. The manatee count is now over 30 in the last 2.5 hours.

Speaking of which:
Is the season open?
What's the bag limit?
Do you filet them like a flounder or chuck them like a tuna? :devil:

20161109_090555.jpg

Ted

One of the reasons I like to travel at 7 knots.

20161109_092849.jpg

20161109_093007.jpg

Fun to watch 3 or 4 porpoises riding the pressure wave in front of the bow. Have to remember to stay in the channel. :rolleyes:

Ted

Those be dolphins. Look at the nose.

Rare to see porpoises in Florida.

If your plans include a stop in or near Fort Myers, let's get together for dinner.

Ted

We will be coming through there. I will look you up.
Check out this shot I got last night at the Oriental free docks. A shrimper on our side of the harbor had his deck lights on and set up the shot lighting.

ForumRunner_20161111_071251.png

Great shot, Dave. The lighting was perfect. Of course the black hulls on either end really set off the picture.:D

We will be coming through there. I will look you up.
Check out this shot I got last night at the Oriental free docks. A shrimper on our side of the harbor had his deck lights on and set up the shot lighting.

View attachment 58476

Very nice shot!

Anchored in the mooring field at Sunset Bay marina in Stuart, FL this morning.

20161111_081650.jpg

Very nice marina and mooring field! Visited and went out to dinner with "Magic" crew last night, very nice!

So this was my first time on a mooring. Picking up the mooring was a little challenging. I'm single handing and the wind is breezing 10 to 15. There are rumors about 4 tries and a dropped boat hook. With no pictures or video, they're just rumors. It didn't happen that way and can't possibly be substantiated. :blush:

Ted

Can't be substantiated. Hmm.

Slip for the night $135, mooring for the night $30. I don't care what they say about Ted, we think he's a bright guy. Dinner was great and we loved the opportunity to get together again. The dogs miss you already. Travel safe my friend.

Very nice shot!

Anchored in the mooring field at Sunset Bay marina in Stuart, FL this morning.

Very nice marina and mooring field! Visited and went out to dinner with "Magic" crew last night, very nice!

So this was my first time on a mooring. Picking up the mooring was a little challenging. I'm single handing and the wind is breezing 10 to 15. There are rumors about 4 tries and a dropped boat hook. With no pictures or video, they're just rumors. It didn't happen that way and can't possibly be substantiated. :blush:

Ted

I'm thinking under the circumstances, single handed, 10-15breeze, 4 tries is impressive !

Who paid for dinner and who mooched? :)

The mechanic is at the boat today clearing up the survey hit list. If I can close by next week I will have Thanksgiving in Daytona. Christmas in Stewart and New Years in Clearwater.

By Ta Ta Island? :)

Who paid for dinner and who mooched? :)

So Howard paid again eh? :D

Since it appears you have no friends, let me explain to you how it works. Howard and his wife (fabulous cook) have had me over for dinner on their boat a number of times. Since I'm gallery challenged, I enjoy taking them to dinner.

Hope you find some friends that are as welcoming as they are to me.

Ted

This afternoon's pic is from the dolphins before the Myakka lock and lake Okeechobee. A nice gentle breeze and cool evening temps are forecast for tonight's anchorage.

20161111_160943.jpg

BTW, is it just me, or does going under this train bridge before the Myakka lock, that resembles a guillotine, give you the creeps.

20161111_153639.jpg

Ted

One last pic:

20161111_174259.jpg

Last edited:
Last day of the trip. Pretty sunrise and flat water on the Caloosahatchee river. Great day to finish!

20161113_064921.jpg

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom