Make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCoch

Veteran Member
Has anyone seen a boat like this and know who the builder is/was? Found this one on the Maggoty River near Annapolis, MD.

Paul

Attachments

• Yacht.jpg
    Yacht.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 138
Did you catch the name of her?

I'd say Burger as well.

I'm skeptical that the photo shows any builder's production or even semi-production yacht, like Burger. (For one thing, every Burger I've ever noticed had a flush deckline).

My bet is that it's a custom yacht off the board of some high-end designer like M. Rosenblatt & Son, whose designs were built wherever their owners chose. That was a thing among the wealthy in the 1950s, which looks to be the vintage of this vessel. But if that's so, I also think it's been modified. Those two semi-raked fashion boards just aft of amidships don't look original - they seem inconsistent with the rest of the yacht.

I also think it's been modified. Those two semi-raked fashion boards just aft of amidships don't look original - they seem inconsistent with the rest of the yacht.

As does the reverse transom.

I wonder how far from the Transom Transom the Rudders are. Seems like she's been lengthened a bit.

A name would help find out who built her.

Feadship Summer Love. I've seen it docked on Mill Creek near Cantler's and believe that is where it lives. It is interesting to watch thread the needle headed out the that channel.

Edit: I found a facebook page for it and I was wrong about it's home port.

https://www.facebook.com/yachtsummerlove/

Last edited:
Feadship Summer Love. I've seen it docked on Mill Creek near Cantler's and believe that is where it lives. It is interesting to watch thread the needle headed out the that channel.

Built in 1955, it is the largest wooden power boat Feadship ever built. I was thinking it looked like wood in the picture.

Good call, Gdavid. On the Trawler Forum, boats can run, but they can't hide!

It caught my eye the first time I saw it on the water because it reminded me of the Disco Volante

Did you catch the name of her?

I didn't want to seem too imposing by circling her as the whole family was on the sundeck. So, I didn't catch the name - that would have made it a lot easier though...

I didn't want to seem too imposing by circling her as the whole family was on the sundeck. So, I didn't catch the name - that would have made it a lot easier though...

I was in my bowrider cruising down the creek when I saw it docked. I blatantly idled over to check it out but kept a safe distance.

I was in my bowrider cruising down the creek when I saw it docked. I blatantly idled over to check it out but kept a safe distance.

If I had gone over there they would have thought: Really? There's nowhere else to anchor?:lol:

This boat has been modified. The windows on the forecabin may lead to a brand. Looks like a Wheeler to me but don't think they made a boat that big. May very well be a custom build by a reputable yard and NA.

PS another thought is a Grebe.

Back
Top Bottom