Annapolis Area Winter Holding Tank Pump-outs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Catalina Jack
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Does anyone know of a marina in the Annapolis area that pumps out during the winter?

The harbormaster pump out boat operates on Saturdays throughout the offseason, and I think the only thing that interrupts service is when the harbor ices over. Annapolis City Marina (South side of spa creek, downstream of drawbridge) is a year round operation with pump out at the fuel dock but I'm not positive that the pump out service is always available (they might shut it down due to freezing) but they are probably your best bet.

I'm pretty sure I saw you on the west river, late spring/early summerish.

I'm pretty sure I saw you on the west river, late spring/early summerish.

Probably you did. We are berthed at Hartge Yacht Harbor. We live aboard and are spending the winter. Need to be certain where we can get pumped out from time-to-time during the winter. A pain to go up to Annapolis but it never hurts to give the boat some exercise.

I was assuming by "Annapolis area" you were looking for something off of the Severn, didn't pay attention to your hailing port. I don't know about the marina services on the west and rhode, I'm rarely on them in the winter but usually do frostbite racing in Annapolis so I'm more familiar with what's open downtown during the off season.

I was assuming by "Annapolis area" you were looking for something off of the Severn, didn't pay attention to your hailing port. I don't know about the marina services on the west and rhode, I'm rarely on them in the winter but usually do frostbite racing in Annapolis so I'm more familiar with what's open downtown during the off season.

You've been helpful. Thanks. No facilities on the West River in the winter so we will have to make some trips to Annapolis. Not really a problem. We'll make a day of it on a Saturday maybe stop at Pusser's for some food assuming, of course, no ice.

Lived aboard near Toronto for 20yrs. All the liveaboards got together and built a portable pumpout cart .... cost about $600 for cart, tank, pump, hose and battery.

Lived aboard near Toronto for 20yrs. All the liveaboards got together and built a portable pumpout cart .... cost about $600 for cart, tank, pump, hose and battery.

A standard macerator pump ($150) will screw directly into the waste pumpout port. A few feet of #10 wire and a lighter plug will power it. A few feet of hose will direct the sewage into your choice of container.

All that's left is to figure out what to do with it.

A standard macerator pump ($150) will screw directly into the waste pumpout port. A few feet of #10 wire and a lighter plug will power it. A few feet of hose will direct the sewage into your choice of container.

our 4-wheel cart is fitted with a 30 gallon tank, easily hauled up to the yacht clubs sewer drain where we fitted a standard connection to the gate.... connect the cart, open valve ..... done.

I'd bet on Mears Annapolis or Port Annapolis as they're both year round marinas, I believe. Annapolis Yacht Basin is the only place we've gotten a pump out in Annapolis and they have pump out stations and a mobile cart.

Jack, I think Annapolis Landing Marina on Back Creek offers winter pump-outs, maybe even in-slip.

But Selby Bay Marina is closer to you, and I understand they keep their pump-out facility open all winter.

-Chris

Just to throw out another alternative, a good friend at our marina who spends a lot of time on his boat in winter uses a porapotty in the head during the months when the pump out is shutdown. It also allows him to winterize the head. Not a perfect solution, but at least an alternative.

Enough said

Attachments

• vacation.png
    vacation.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 140
Catalinajack,
You need to head south with that nice Defever and come back in late April.

Catalinajack,
You need to head south with that nice Defever and come back in late April.

As soon as I finish my consulting contract (12 months to go) we will be sailing off into the sunset. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom