Charles Industries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksanders

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
DOS PECES
Vessel Make
BAYLINER 4788
See attached, Charles is leaving the marine business.

Attachments

• charles_Page_1.jpg
    charles_Page_1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 219
I'm not sure how that scan appears on a pc but I can't read a word of it on my iPhone!
Bruce

For better or worst here's another US casualty of globalization.

It's fine on my iPhone Bruce.

For what it's worth, Bruce, I can't make it out on my I-phone 5 either.

I did read the Charles announcement after I clicked on it and it was opened in a new window and clicked on the plus to enlarge it.

But in any case, I think Charles was a victim of product outsourcing. Most charger/inverters are now made in China. Some of that manufacturing is supervised well by their American and European masters but some are not. Charles could not compete in this environment as I suspect the hadn't figured out how to play that game.

Their isolation transformers will be missed as they were one of the few sources of quality marine rated equipment.

David

Charles equipment has always been among the best. I've beed suspicious of this for some time with lead times stretching into months for the generator battery chargers that we have traditionally used.

Greetings,
So, with Charles gone (unfortunate for whatever reason) who would be a good source for isolation transformers now? Was going to install one last year but unforeseen circumstances....etc.

Greetings,
So, with Charles gone (unfortunate for whatever reason) who would be a good source for isolation transformers now? Was going to install one last year but unforeseen circumstances....etc.

Victron Energy is a world leader in marine/solar electrical products. It is headquartered in the Netherlands.

Carefully reading the release I see that they will CONTINUE to offer isolation Transformers for the marine Industry.

They'll continue to offer non-boosting isolation transformers--and will apparently honor warranty service on their boosting models. Better than nothing since I just installed one. :facepalm:

Sad. The loss of our (US) industrial base continues.And I do have a Charles IsoBoost Transformer and a couple of shore power cords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom