Trawler dreamer with a twist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mb66

Vessel Name
Cumulus II
Vessel Make
Swift Trawler 34
New user here... Introduce yerself to be accepted by the community as the rules of society dictates...

So...

One of these "dreamers" that wanted to travel the worlds aboard a heavy Nordhavn... But of course without the economical means to even buy a rubber dinghy... Spent last ten years googling, trolling forums, gazing youtube videos etc on the subject.

Then recently by the grace of the lord (and some hard work as well i must add) i really got the means to buy that N55... However during that time i also built a family and have a boy with special needs, so being offshore for longer times do not work as well as the fantasy dictated.

However, i just this weekend found a very fresh example of my "second choice", the Swift Trawler 34. Signed the papers and had time for just one short day-trip, then the first snowflakes fell (i live in Scandinavia).

So now the "dream" is on shore for the winter, and i am brushing up my captain-skills! Expect a lot of stupid questions from this not so salty dog that may or may not have any connection to real seamanship.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. Please share your dream with us as you pursue it -- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Welcome! Your second choice is better than my first choice!

Welcome to the forum! Priority one is getting on the water. Everything else is just an upgrade.

Ted

Interesting situation we can all learn greater appreciation from. Glad you could make a choice for a vessel that was actually on your short list. Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

Welcome. You'll learn a lot here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Nice to see a forum with friendly people and a lot of activity!
Bought her in Stockholm and she has to lay over there for the winter.
Will assemble some friends and ferry her for a few days down to Malmö where i have my slip. Will be a interesting endevaour, previous experience have just been laser-sailing and some 90:s american daycruisers.

Yes...welcome mb66, and get ready for a really steep learning curve. However, that is all good, because if you look at it with hindsight, that is after you have learnt a lot, it will look like a slide, and steep slides are fun..! I think..? :D

Hej till dig och Välkommen till forum.

Tyvärr är säsongen här i Norden kort, men ack så vacker.

Last night the air was-6 ° c, nice boats here in the Forum, nou ice, a lot of lessons to be learned from other trawler people ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom