Manatee for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captgrail

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
36 Krogen Manatee
Like others have said before, once you've seen a Krogen Manatee you've seen a Krogen Manatee. Well, we do like to customize our boats and yes there are two layouts and of course the beautiful North Sea pilot house version but mostly they are pretty similar. I keep my eyes open when they come up for sale because I like to see what others have done with/to them and what they are listed for. Maybe you've already seen it but this one, a single stateroom version, is like none other I've seen on the market.

"Sea Cow" a 1988 Manatee is currently birthed in Counce, TN. Home port was Michigan. Available on Yachtworld for those that want to see her. I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the stateroom and where the pantry closet is. Maybe it's just the photo (or video) but I don't see any door there... Must have been a custom job or did the owner make the mods? Anyone else ever see one like this before?

NO, looks like it was ordered without the pantry and that allowed the desk book shelves. I have not seen the cockpit deck done with f/g and two deck hatches. I assume the large hatch is where your generator is installed. Fresh water Manatee ? should be a selling advantage. 5000 engine hours may give some buyers pause but it is sleeved and re-buildable if and when required. Good Luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Yeah, it really has some oddities. The genset pic looks as if it is indeed mounted on the rise of the stringers at the aft bulkhead. The fiberglass base built between the stringers looks better than my own work. I don't know how old this setup is but maybe it was done before anyone elses.

This has been my complaint all along. If we don't share our projects (and particularly our mistakes), we're not helping the rest of the owners. Knowing what I know now would have saved me thousands. At one time, we had a very nice Krogen Cruisers forum with easy text and photo sharing, ideal for project publishing. Going with Yahoo Groups pretty much knocked the stuffing out of older boat project publishing. Since I published our genset swap, Cool Beans and Mango Mama followed suit, improving on what I did. Then there was the original "Beach House", who did manage squeeze a 5KW Onan genset under the veranda, but in a very small hatch that limited access. Still, before Beach House came to the market, there were no known examples to learn from. I published photos of Beach House on the Krogen Website and got in all kinds of trouble for it. Since the boat was for sale and in the care of Krogen Brokerage, I figured that it was OK to do it. The owner had a fit.

Anyway, now we have Sea Cow. Who knows what we could have learned from that conversion. Meanwhile, the broker probably doesn't even know that the genset location is meaningful to other buyers.

Attachments

• sea cow genset.jpg
    sea cow genset.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 161
  • sea cow aft deck.jpg
    sea cow aft deck.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Sea Cow was in our marina about a week ago .

Figured you'd like that Gen install Healhustler. I wish Krogen had thought that one thru a little better. We all needed that aft access hatch stock! As for the pantry it still seems like something is missing there. The desk/bookshelf doesn't really seem deep enough to take up all that space. Notice the vents in the walls on the video at the 7 min mark. Maybe ventilation for the air conditioner?

Maybe it has a larger shower with port hole, is the answer? I like my cockpit teak deck but having that other larger deck hatch really is appealing. The generater photo is confusing to me, is it mounted below the large deck hatch? We don't have as much room under the teak deck as that photo shows but if you seen.........

Last edited:
That's the location I'd assume but I really haven't seen anything for certain that proves it out. There are no photos of the galley bilge area which has similar stringers up against a wall like that too. Definitely doesn't make sense there in particular with the available hatch. I'd give my eye teeth to have that hatch and an easily serviceable genset inside it. More room in my galley bilge to actually be able to turn around. Another benefit I see here is the power panel in the salon being much closer to the shore power, battery banks, genset and starter. Lots less wiring over tanks etc...

The images don't show a port hole in the shower...maybe the head area is bigger but still, it doesn't add up to me. Whatever it is it's well vented! Maybe the broker will in time add more specifics and write a more complete and compelling listing - you know - to earn that 10% he'll be getting.

At the 6:58 mark in the video, you can see the porthole in the bookcase.

�� I was motivated to figure it out. ��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom