Lehman parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
Has anyone used Bomac Marine for Lehman parts? How was the quality/price/service??

I have for some parts.* Bomac answered their emails.* I recently met someone who just rebuilt their FL120 in Mexico.* They used Bomac*and*American Diesel for parts.* He had no complaints from either vendor.

* When I went through my lehman Bomac quoted prices considerably higher than American Diesel.

awpptdt wrote:

* When I went through my lehman Bomac quoted prices considerably higher than American Diesel.

Good info.

In all honesty, I have found American Diesel to be an excellent supplier for several reasons.

First, their prices are very competitive, and sometimes down right CHEAP. I bought my Balmar 110amp alternator and ARS-5 regulator from them at a price that was $200 cheaper than with Defender.com

Second, what value can you apply to the FREE consultation you get from ADC regarding your engine problems? Do you know any mechanic who you can use to troubleshoot your engine FREE of charge?

Third, is there anyone that knows the Lehman engines better than ADC ? Not to mention Perkins, etc.

Fourth, their parts shipments always go out the same day, no B.S. about it.

So I concluded long ago that there is significant TOTAL VALUE for me to give my parts business to ADC. After 4 years I can tell you I have not been cheated in this deal and have found it well worth it.

R.

ralphyost wrote:
In all honesty, I have found American Diesel to be an excellent supplier for several reasons.

First, their prices are very competitive, and sometimes down right CHEAP. I bought my Balmar 110amp alternator and ARS-5 regulator from them at a price that was $200 cheaper than with Defender.com

Second, what value can you apply to the FREE consultation you get from ADC regarding your engine problems? Do you know any mechanic who you can use to troubleshoot your engine FREE of charge?

Third, is there anyone that knows the Lehman engines better than ADC ? Not to mention Perkins, etc.

Fourth, their parts shipments always go out the same day, no B.S. about it.

So I concluded long ago that there is significant TOTAL VALUE for me to give my parts business to ADC. After 4 years I can tell you I have not been cheated in this deal and have found it well worth it.

R.
*What he said!

But have you ever tried to get anything off their web page. No descriptions, part numbers, etc. Even their email doesn"t work with Firefox or Chrome.

Seems like a telephone call is the only way to contact them. Of course it will be a long distance call!!

Don't get me wrong I use them and are happy with their prices but they could be dragged into the 21st century and onto the web.

Cyril

cyril444 wrote:
But have you ever tried to get anything off their web page. No descriptions, part numbers, etc. Seems like a telephone call is the only way to contact them. Of course it will be a long distance call!!

Don't get me wrong I use them and are happy with their prices but they could be dragged into the 21st century and onto the web.
*Yes that would be nice I agree. However I have a price list from them dated 2008 and the prices are the same today on almost everything. So they*are doing something right!

One year ago my Perkins Sabre* needed a stop solenoid. My boat fixer went to AD and they charged over $500 for the Bosch!!

Last week I decided I needed a spare solenoid and called TAD. They said Bosch is out of sight price wise and recommended a made in Germany "generic" -*$52!!

Same with Perkins water pump impellers, AD is double or triple TAD based upon*my recent orders. Ditto spare relays and*fuel and oil filters for Perkins. *

I am not one who sees AD walking on water regarding Perkins parts. And in my case they are were not quick to suggest ways to save $$.

What Ralph said and more.* Twice now I've phoned American Diesel and they've talked me out of buying stuff from them.* Both times Brian answered the phone.* Personally I'll take a business where the principals answer the phone any day over a web page that gives me fancy graphics and instant prices.* Both times I called he has reviewed my troubleshooting and suggested additional steps before I start spending money and both times those additional steps have cost him money - a couple boat units in total so far.* I'm sure one of these times it will turn out different but I'll keep calling.* If he had a fancy webstore I'd have happily given him my credit card and hung some parts that I didn't really need.

YMMV.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom