View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
smitty477
Guru

City: Northport
"So I'm wondering if I'm attracting the wrong people"

No - you are not attracting the wrong people but you are attracting the typical people that call and visit boats. I have sold a few boats recently and screening out potential buyers is a task and a skill that takes a bunch of time. IMHO - I you are to sell the boat it will take at least 50 decent contacts and maybe a dozen or so serious visits unless you just get lucky up front. Of the 50 contacts 30 will be solicitors, scammers or tire kickers only of one type or another. Another 10 or so will be collecting data for their one boat or use. Then you are left with a collection of about 5 who are just getting started and are not nearly far enough along to know what they want of be in a position of purchase.
The last 5 are the ones that may or may not buy the boat but they may be financially stretched , comparing the boat to completely different types and or are too far away or at least think they are too far away.
I know from your posts you will get better at screening quickly but you will need to handle a whole bunch of leads and then more than a dozen 'serious' inquiries before seeing a couple of real offers.
Hope this helps and good luck