Plans for 2011 - PNW and SE Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeaHorse II wrote:

Moonstruck wrote:LMAO
smile.gif
Don:
Of course you know I love your boat and your kind of "cruising." I used to do it your way and still miss it. Trawlering is "OK" but out here in Southern Cal, getting where you want to go in 3-4 hours is great! a boat with all the amenities and a cruise of 15-20 knots is where it's really at for me. (Fuel costs be damned.)

Some of these guys woud be surprised to learn that you can actually breathe without supplemental oxygen at 30 knots.
smile.gif

Sometimes we like to cover allot of ground---as much as over 200 miles in a day.* Sometimes we like to slow cruise and hang out.* It is nice to have the choice.* Other than electric refrigeration (when cruising we turn the icemaker off), Moonstruck is set up a lot like a trawler.* She has AGM batteries, generator, inverter, LED lights, and a good dinghy.* We love to hang on the hook and moorings.* She has 8 overhead opening hatches to catch the breezes.* All this plus speed when we want it.* Love it!

Of course, fuel is not cheap----especially now.* It is not the major cost of owning the boat.* When you get down to it, it's tough to justify owning any boat on a financial basis.** When Lou asked me what was my major fault, I said that I spend to damn much money on my boat;*and that's not likely to change.* She was warned.
smile.gif

JohnP wrote:
Boy, If everybody keeps wanting to go faster, pretty soon we can start a new thread about Water Skiing!
*You don't need to go fast to water ski!

Attachments

• snag003.jpg
    snag003.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
Our schedule*has us departing Sidney BC around Memorial Day and heading north. We are going to be gone for 3-4 months and whether we do SE Alaska, Queen Charlottes*or stay south of Prince Rupert, the boat and crew are ready.

We cruised the west side of Pitt and Princess Royal on our way south last year - we loved it and not nearly as boring as the channels. We encountered few pleasure craft and lots of great anchorages.

Keep an eye out for the Sunchaser V.

sunchaser wrote:
Our schedule*has us departing Sidney BC around Memorial Day and heading north. We are going to be gone for 3-4 months and whether we do SE Alaska, Queen Charlottes*or stay south of Prince Rupert, the boat and crew are ready.

We cruised the west side of Pitt and Princess Royal on our way south last year - we loved it and not nearly as boring as the channels. We encountered few pleasure craft and lots of great anchorages.

Keep an eye out for the Sunchaser V.
*Sounds like a great trip.* Take lots of pictures and keep us up on it as you go along. Do you have a blog?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom