Something the app does...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.B

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 4200 Classic
I like the app much better now. But one thing it does that I can't seem to do on the website is list the threads I have participated in. That is usually the first thing I check when I start the app. I don't think Subscribed threads is the same thing (under quick links) and Today's posts sorta work, but if it has been a few days since a visit, Participated threads may be far down the list... Or sometimes, I just forget what threads I have replied to.

Anyway, can this be added or am I missing it?

Subscribed threads list the threads you have posted in, which you automatically are subscribed too. In addition, it lists any other threads that you chose to subscribe to and follow. It would seem it would accomplish what you're after. If you just want those with posts since you read them, then User CP gets you there as it takes you to "New Subscribed Threads."

I don't have anything in my subscribed threads list, so that isn't it exactly. I assume I have my preferences set that way to prevent all the emails when there are replies, but maybe there is a way to reset those. But TBH, I just want to restate that I like the Participated feature in the app. :)

I think I found it. Apparently you CAN subscribe to thread but NOT get emails about them. Ok, good. I mean, it's not quite the same, but I guess it will do.

But if there IS a way to do it like the app... That would be great.

Thanks.

Here's another way: Click on your name in the upper-right, next to "Welcome,". Click "Statistics". You have options there to:
Find all posts by [you]
Find all threads started by [you]

I think I found it. Apparently you CAN subscribe to thread but NOT get emails about them. Ok, good. I mean, it's not quite the same, but I guess it will do.

But if there IS a way to do it like the app... That would be great.

Thanks.

Yes, you have four choices when you subscribe. Also, in your settings, you set what you want to happen when you post to a thread. "Do Not Subscribe" and "No email notification" are two of the four choices and are very different. "No email notification" translates to "Subscribe me but don't mail me."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom