ProlsoCharge Model 23127

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
I did not want to add to this link :

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/anyone-use-proisocharge-9256.html

So I have a 2 input, 4 output unit. The unit charges the 2 start batteries and 2 house banks I have. Like Dave in the post above, I have had some issues with this unit(s) from relay chatter to the unit just not switching on like it is suppose too.

When you are 35 miles off shore you don't want this unit to fail. There were times when it would fail and the only way to "reset" it was to remove all the units cables (removing the 12Vdc) from the batteries, let it set for about 20 seconds, then hook it all back up. This reset the unit and it worked until next time. Sometimes I had to run the genny to keep everything charged up and running.

I have been working with Lucas at ProMariner to try, like Dave above, find a solution to my problem. I sent them wiring schematics, voltage readings etc. Problem was, once you removed the unit it reset making troubleshooting difficult.

This time I am hoping they have found a solution. They found some noise or other issue with the ignition lines coming into the unit. Now there is a filter installed at these connections. I am hopeful the unit works with no failures.

I know there are those who will be saying switch over to ACRs. If this unit doesn't work, I most likely will. Because I have a lot of time and money tied up in this, I am willing to work with ProMariner to fix the unit. The wiring alone cost more than the unit!

The first pic is the old unit, the second and third pics are the new unit.

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 73
Tom,
Is that the domaflatchy that required you to go dead in the water after Yaculta rapids?

Tom,
Is that the domaflatchy that required you to go dead in the water after Yaculta rapids?

Yep sure was. We left Shoal Bay and I noticed it wasn't working. When we got to the other side I had to "reset" it.......:mad:

I have had one of these (same model) installed for that past 3 years and never had that happen. Mine worked from day one and never had a hiccup. I wonder if it was the fact that I was only using 3 of the outputs (House, start, gen start). I recently replaced it with a Sterling Alternator-to_Battery charger so I now have it sitting here waiting to go to the used marine stuff store. Tom, if you want it let me know.

Marty..........................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom