South Shore of Long Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
South Shore LI

Thanks, Chester,

Will depart Cape Cod and head to Greenport (to pick up a friend) with overnights in Cuttyhunk and Block. From Greenport will head to Great South Bay via Shinnecock Canal. Our plan is to spend several days at Sailors Haven utilizing water taxis/boardwalks to visit FI communities. Will visit the Sunken Forest. Also considering a visit to Maritime Museum in West Sayville. Museum Director stated there is free dockage at the venue for the duration of a visit. My question to you is about anchorages between Greenport and Sailors Haven. Also, any other area attractions you might suggest. Our boat is Rosborough RF-246, 2' draft. Again, appreciate all information.
George

All,
My question is about anchorages between Greenport and Sailors Haven. Also, any other area attractions you might suggest. Our boat is Rosborough RF-246, 2' draft. Appreciate all information.

Thanks to all who responded to my request for information. Your info was very helpful. Enjoyed our visit this summer ('16) to LI South Shore, and hope to do it again in the future. Rosborough now winterized and awaiting the Spring on Cape Cod.

This thread is a year old - but would anyone have recent knowledge of Moriches Bay ICW channel?
Moriches Inlet?
Shinnecock Inlet?

my boat has a 3.5' draft, coming from Fire Island area to Greenport.
wife and I like to see the sights ashore, and we also like to set the autopilot and blast at 15 kts.
: D

Back
Top Bottom