• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Bertram 25 flybridge cruiser - Very Nice Shape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7tiger7

1967 hull, Bertram 25, flybridge.

Twin Marine Power gas engines, new in 1996, 400 hours, 165hp each, with Alpha outdrives.

Boat is in perfect running condition, and in really nice shape - hull is perfect, not a single blister.

Interior is all original, and MINT.

All new canvas last summer.

New fuel tank, and has water tank too.

Comes with custom trailer.

$25,900 or best offer - will consider trade for smaller cuddy cabin or center console.

Pictures:

http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/psilitschanu/Bertram 25/

Phillip,

That is one of my all time favorite boats! Is it here in Florida or somewhere near you?

What size cc are you looking for?* I have a classic seacraft.....just sayin'.

biggrin.gif

Hi,
the Bertram is in Boston, but she is on a trailer. Ideally I'd like a 20-22' CC, but might go for 18' or 24' maybe.
Where in FL are you?

Yes, but I have trailered it, and never had an issue - even in Mass, where the State Police will find any reason to pull you over...

Yes, but I have trailered it, and never had an issue - even in Mass,

Anyone in there home state has a huge advantage when breaking the law.

With an RV , that is "out of state" 95% of the time , be assured you have a huge bulls eye of a dollar sign on your vehicle.

There is no local heat from giving "lawbreakers" from out of state huge fines.

WE hope to find a "pocket cruiser" that can go behind our RV .

Plenty of them out there from Bayliners , Carver , on up to Euro overpriced imports.

The biggest decision we haven't yer made is speed.The Inside Passage a major goal.

Weather to get a 6K boat or a 20K cruiser is the question. Gas is just fine with me.

Biggest hassle so far is the quick boats are IO or Outboards , and the LOA of the tow grows by the hanging parts.

Over 8.6 and permits are required in many states.

Sitting on the trailer , ball to end,* 28.5 is IT!!!

-- Edited by FF on Saturday 16th of April 2011 04:46:54 AM

FF wrote:

Weather to get a 6K boat or a 20K cruiser is the question.
*FF:

If it was me, doing the type of PNW cruising you have in mind, I'd opt for the 20 knot boat. Trip planning is a lot easier when you don't have to plan for sailing on the tide. ( I know I'm telling you something that you already know but having cruised that part of the world a few times in an 8 knot boat, I was constantly wishing we were on something that would cruise in the mid teens+.) Carey would be a good one to respond to your post.

SeaHorse II wrote:
FF wrote:

Weather to get a 6K boat or a 20K cruiser is the question.
*FF:

If it was me, doing the type of PNW cruising you have in mind, I'd opt for the 20 knot boat. Trip planning is a lot easier when you don't have to plan for sailing on the tide. ( I know I'm telling you something that you already know but having cruised that part of the world a few times in an 8 knot boat, I was constantly wishing we were on something that would cruise in the mid teens+.) Carey would be a good one to respond to your post.

Did I hear my name? I must say, that given the extreme tidal currents encountered frequently up the inside passage, my patience would wear thin waiting for tides to allow reasonable speeds. Currents can run six to eight knots, thereby negating any forward speed of a displacement boat. If you don't mind calculating and timing every move along the way, then slow is good. The other aspect of having speeds in the teens, is the ability to maintain better control in heavy currents, such as Dodd Narrows in the Gulf Islands of BC. A slow boat dare not run that narrows and many others at much beyond slack. A boat that tracks well and handles seas well throughout the range from 6-20 knots would be my choice. The Rosborough 25 would be a great boat for that. I can't seem to get away from having a full keel. I'm pretty sure FF is aware of this boat, but for those that aren't, here is a link.http://www.rosboroughboats.com/sedan_cruiser.html

I am in your "PNW". I drive an 8 knot boat. I have never had to wait for a tide.
If your want to get somewhere more quickly, the 20 k boat will do it. But don't use the tides as an excuse. the only place tides are a factor, guys with 20 knot boats will wait. Like Skookumchuk, which runs to 16 knots. nobody is going except at slack water.
Dent rapids, Arran rapids, Hole in the wall, all will hold the 20 knot boats just as much as they hold the 8 k boats.
When I had a 6.5 knot sail boat, I had to get the other side of Dodd narrows against a 7 knot flood. With a little overheat of the 50 hp Lehman, no problem. So now with my 8 knot boat, I look at the tide book out of curiosity, not necessity.
Bear in mind that the distance you are subject to the adverse current is very short. In Gabriola passage, 100 yds, Dodd narrows, maybe 200 yds. Porlier pass, 200 yds, Active pass, 1/2 mile, hole in the wall, 200 yds, Dent, 1/2 mile, etc. Nothing an 8 knot boat will worry about. Now if you can only make 6.5.....

koliver wrote:
I am in your "PNW". I drive an 8 knot boat. I have never had to wait for a tide.
If your want to get somewhere more quickly, the 20 k boat will do it. But don't use the tides as an excuse. the only place tides are a factor, guys with 20 knot boats will wait. Like Skookumchuk, which runs to 16 knots. nobody is going except at slack water.
Dent rapids, Arran rapids, Hole in the wall, all will hold the 20 knot boats just as much as they hold the 8 k boats.
When I had a 6.5 knot sail boat, I had to get the other side of Dodd narrows against a 7 knot flood. With a little overheat of the 50 hp Lehman, no problem. So now with my 8 knot boat, I look at the tide book out of curiosity, not necessity.
Bear in mind that the distance you are subject to the adverse current is very short. In Gabriola passage, 100 yds, Dodd narrows, maybe 200 yds. Porlier pass, 200 yds, Active pass, 1/2 mile, hole in the wall, 200 yds, Dent, 1/2 mile, etc. Nothing an 8 knot boat will worry about. Now if you can only make 6.5.....
*One may not have to wait for a tide, but if you have an eight knot boat going against an eight knot tide, I would recommend a plan that excludes the two going heads up. The result will be nothing but lost fuel. With an eight knot boat, and totally lacking a plan to work with the tides, you will spend two or three times the necessary time at the helm, and two or three times the necessary fuel burn given the resulting time underway. With my boat, I just go when I feel like it, and yes, I may pay more at the pump, but don't spend my summer waiting.

I found a really nice Rossboro that is in Canada , but alas it has a tiny Perkins and is one of the 6K versions.

Its about $40K , so it would be pri$y to purchase and re power with a 305 Chevvy .

And we were hoping this time not to get a "project" .

Installing a 320HP DD ser 50 engine & ZF Auto tranny in our 56 Flxible VL 100 has taken 2 years , and gas 3-4 months to go!

It may end up a cheapo Bayliner , but its time for VACATION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom