View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #41
foggysail
Guru

City: Ashland, MA
Vessel Model: 1990 Silverton 40 aftcabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
I doubt Peggy misunderstands my position in this matter.

Nope...I understand your position completely.

But you say these systems allow being able to avoid the inconvenience of having a holding tank pumped out. GEEZ--- you obviously do not understand that onboard treated waste is forbidden to be dumped in NDZ, treated or untreated. The law does not allow you to avoid the inconvenience of a pump out if in a NDZ.

Climb down off your soapbox...everyone does understand that...it's you who are missing the point. No one is advocating using a treatment device in a NDZ. But if a boat has ONLY a holding tank, ALL toilet waste has go into it even in waters where the discharge of treated waste is legal. A treatment device doesn't REPLACE a holding tank, it just makes it unnecessary to use it EXCEPT when in a NDZ.

Peggie
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Bo...dp/1892399784/
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

No soapbox here. You provide your guru guidance in this forum so neophytes should not be reading responses claiming an advantage of having onboard processing allows " Being able to avoid the inconvenience of having a holding tank pumped out."
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote