Instructional DVD that comes with Sailrite LS-1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Would anyone happen to have the instructional DVD which comes with the Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 sewing machine? The "Setup, Use and Maintenance" DVD. I have one, which came with my machine, but cannot seem to find it. I could order a new one from Sailrite, but they are expensive, plus I hope to eventually find mine.

But if it would be possible to borrow one from someone while I do some routine maintenance, I would certainly be grateful. Needless to say, I would pay postage both ways. Plus pay for for the trouble of your doing it, if desired.,

John

Don't have the DVD - I do have the hard copy manual that came w/ mine
I could scan/copy sections(s) you are in need of if you don't find a DVD copy

Have you inquired to Sailrite to see if they might give you a break on a replacement DVD since they supply one w/ the machine?
I've found them very helpful in most cases

John

Don't have the DVD - I do have the hard copy manual that came w/ mine
I could scan/copy sections(s) you are in need of if you don't find a DVD copy

Might want you to do that at some point, Don, and I thank you. But not just yet. I'm continuing to look for my DVD -- I know that I did not throw it away. Plus I might yet get a favorable response on here. :)

Have you inquired to Sailrite to see if they might give you a break on a replacement DVD since they supply one w/ the machine?

Good idea. I'll give them a shout. Worst they can do is to say no.

I'm impressed! Someone who reads the instructions. I usually break something first before I hunt for the instructions, mostly to order the part I broke.
ive still got mine, never did unwrap it.
John PM me with your address and I'll see If I can burn you a copy. If not I'll send you mine and when your done you can send it back, OK?

I'm impressed! Someone who reads the instructions. I usually break something first before I hunt for the instructions, mostly to order the part I broke.
ive still got mine, never did unwrap it.
John PM me with your address and I'll see If I can burn you a copy. If not I'll send you mine and when your done you can send it back, OK?

Crusty...

At some point you will want to at least scan the instructions just to be aware of whats included. I go back to the book infrequently but it's a life saver and frustration saver when something goes wrong - usually it's not broken - just need adjusting.

OK, hold everything -- all is well. I found mine. It was in the last place I looked. And by that I mean that if it had not been there, I would have been completely out of reasonable places to look!

PM send to Chief advising him.

Thanks, everyone, and sorry for the false alarm, but I have been looking for that puppy for three days now.

Don, I might have forgot to mention that Uncle Sam taught me how to repair a sewing machine while in the Navy, and did canvas while stationed up at Whidbey Island on the side.

But get me around other machinery and I can do a fair amount of damage sometimes.

John, glad to hear you found it. Glad to have helped!

Don, I might have forgot to mention that Uncle Sam taught me how to repair a sewing machine while in the Navy, and did canvas while stationed up at Whidbey Island on the side.

But get me around other machinery and I can do a fair amount of damage sometimes.

John, glad to hear you found it. Glad to have helped!

I thought I remember you had some service traing & experience. I guess you never can predict when sevice experience comes in handy. Maybe that will help others here via your informative posts. I see several people that have acquired machines and eager to learn.

Thanks for your service...you have my respect and gratitude.

Go to YouTube and type in Sailrite. The company has a pot load of instructional videos.

Oh, and let me address this issue. Before I found my DVD, I did contact Sailrite customer service about it, and they were very nice. No price break on a replacement DVD, but the customer service guy gave me a link to a streaming video of the DVD. I did not have to use it, since I found my DVD. But it does exist. It is not public, and so I am not going to publish it here. But now you know that it is there, just in case.

John
Thanks for the heads up...glad they could provide access.
I thought maybe they would offer something as I've found them very helpful.
Understand your not posting the link - the message to others is contact Sailrite and inquire - they will do their best to assist.

Back
Top Bottom