Yes our hearts go out to you!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Yes we are sorry!!!!:D:dance:

Attachments

• 14642320_599619876889141_8188670590282567245_n.jpg
    14642320_599619876889141_8188670590282567245_n.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 79
Forty-eight years ago we relocated from New York City to Southern California to enjoy year round boating. Never regretted it.

Around here winterizing your boat means making sure your ugg-boots are aboard.

When I winterize, I put away my cruising gear (especially the dink on the transom) and set up my fishing gear. Bring on winter!! I'm ready for another sturgeon tug-of-war.

Winterizing for us means decorating for Christmas cruises.

Winterize?

What means that?

I'm puttin it off as long as I can this year. Boat is and has been on the yard since mid July :eek: Hope to go back in within a week or so . Maybe time for a short cruise .

I leave my boat to freeze in for the winter. My engine is keel-cooled, (glycol) so my only job is to block off three standpipes (through hulls), which I do from inside the boat. I also put a heat tape or 25W light bulb on the stern tube/stuffing box.
So, winterizing takes me about an hour - almost a non-event.
I would rather put up with this annual event, than to live in a hot climate, and miss out on the joy of the changing seasons. We get to cruise without the need of air-conditioning, we get fresh water, and the fun of driving in the snow!
To each his own ......

I leave my boat to freeze in for the winter. My engine is keel-cooled, (glycol) so my only job is to block off three standpipes (through hulls), which I do from inside the boat. I also put a heat tape or 25W light bulb on the stern tube/stuffing box.
I would rather put up with this annual event, than to live in a hot climate, and miss out on the joy of the changing seasons. We get to cruise without the need of air-conditioning, we get fresh water, and the fun of driving in the snow!
To each his own ......

:thumb: +1

Just to be able to see the wonderful show we got last weekend with the magnificent colors and migrating birds up here on the river worth all the winterizing effort!

Winterizing here (central California) means putting on a sweater.

Last edited:
To each his own ......

Wifey B: If we want a season to change, we cruise to it. :) Seasons change in South Florida between almost perfect and perfect. :D

It was 38 degrees in Illinois last night. Enough of that season crap for us. Heading south and more south. :lol:

We use to live in NC and seasons and stuff but still used year round and didn't winterize. We had a bubbler just in case and we used a heater on the boat and to keep the engine warm if it really dropped which wasn't often.

Badger's slip is far enough from shore that it doesn't get frozen in, so we get to go for quick runs when moderate winds match my days off from work.

We used to sea kayak during winter, so it's hardly a hardship to suffer winter conditions in a heated pilothouse with a hot drink in your hand and a warm toilet to sit on if need be :thumb:

Perhaps an ideal latitude:

In my neigborwood winterizing is making sure the rain suits are on board. Lucky me!

Rude! Hahaha. I just lit the fireplace. We're counting the days until we move south!

I'll be winterizing my boat on Sunday. Leaving Crisfield, MD for Fort Myers, FL. :)

Ted

Wave when you pass Palm Coast O C Diver! I'll be on the Southerly! :)

Winterizing for me consists of moving my boat from its Gulf Island summer moorage to its Vancouver shelter, making sure the small heaters in the sleeping cabins are plugged in and set to the lowest setting, the charger and water heater are left on in the Engine space, and my friends who will check on it from time to time know how to gain access.

Most years that is all there is to it, as the water in the marina rarely freezes, the accumulation of snow is rarely enough to mobilize the troops to clear the weight off the shelter roofs, but occasionally those things occur.

Just now, I have been observing the chaos that the East Coast hurricanes have caused, and I sympathise with those living there. At the moment, we are between storms here. I spent a couple of hours earlier today moving my boat and helping get a number of boats moved to safer moorage and retying a few whose owners hadn't set them up adequately for the presently forecast winds. The worst forecast was recalling the winds of Typhoon Frieda, October 1962, as the last time this area had as much wind as is now forecast for tomorrow. Apparently the last blow out of a central Pacific Typhoon. I hope my extra precautions are unnecessary.

Wave when you pass Palm Coast O C Diver! I'll be on the Southerly! :)
Will do. Think I remember the marina. Had to google map the area to refresh my memory. A little ways south of where I ran aground at Matanza inlet in February. Hope there doing a better job of marking that channel this fall (buoys were on the East side; channel was against the West side).

Ted

Lil bassey is up on the trailer not much needed to do with her. I'll cover her up on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom