Ya Just Gotta Luv it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Tales

Vessel Name
Summer Breeze
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 48' CPMY
Currently located in Florence Oregon. This is a nice small port and the bar is not as bad as the press it gets. I am kinda new to this site. What boats have I owned? 9' duck boat when a sophomore in High School, 24' pontoon boat when I lived on Swan lake in Northern Minnesota. 19' runabout when living on Bray lake in Minnesota. 21' runabout when I lived in Wisconsin. 23', 28', 35' and 48' when living in Oregon. A total of 56 years of boating. Currently a live aboard in the Port of Siuslaw, soon to move to South Beach Marina in Newport Oregon. Hope I can contribute something to this thread.

Gregory Helmer

HI Gregory, welcome aboard TF. Nice part of the US you live in. We're headed through there by car next month on a sight seeing vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the TF, Gregory. Oregon has got it totally going on! Someday let's see a photo or two of your boat / homeport.

I will see if I can get some pictures to post. 180.jpg

204.jpg

200.jpg

Let me know if this worked?

Fish Tales wrote, "Let me know if this worked?"

It worked - much the way your fishing technique apparently works. You and your family should try to take some time and enjoy the outdoors more!

OK, Let me see how to get some boat pictures in here. By the way this boat has the 6BTA 300 hp Cummins with twin disc 506A @ 2.5/1IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

boat 3 2014.jpg

We are getting a little weather in here right now! Wooooo Hoooo!

Welcome Fish Tales. It looks like you will getting hit pretty good over the next few days.

pictures

Fish Tales I would call that a yacht. Very nice vessel. Quite the fish also.:thumb:

gotta love those long fins, Be careful though it's suppose to blow this weekend... Welcome

Thanks for all the kind words. The wind is supposed to be 35 to 45 Kn with gusts up to 55. This harbor is inland about 3.5 miles as the crow flies. I have about 1/2 mile fetch to the SW so the wind does get a run at us. They think the power may go down but the genset is ready to go. The admiral likes a good storm, says it clears the air! I'll just tie my chin strap and get another cup of coffee.

Welcome aboard! You guys look like your havin fun. We left Pairadice a week ago, just in time for the nasty weather. Lots of members here from the Oregon coast, in case you get bored and wanna take a trip up to the Columbia, let us know.

Currently a live aboard in the Port of Siuslaw, soon to move to South Beach Marina in Newport Oregon. Hope I can contribute something to this thread.

Gregory Helmer

Wifey B: The girls aren't topless on that South Beach. :oops: And seeing Tollycraft make me sad they died. :cry:

When we were through there in 2014 we stopped at Newport and at the Port of Suislaw. My memory isn't working on Newport. Was South Beach Marina named that back then? I thought it was just Newport Marina. We didn't dock there. We hit a lucky time as far as the bars. :)

Hi,

Got back from the San Juan Islands Sept. 22. We made a stop in Ilwaco for two days. Where are you located.

BandB,

The marina on the south side as you come in under the bridge. I think it is called South Beach Marina or maybe I just created a new marina. My assigned slip is AS11. Close to the Rogue Brewery.

Wow, top pic, post #5...that's what you call a FLOUNDER..! Looks like 10 poundaflounda...

BandB,

The marina on the south side as you come in under the bridge. I think it is called South Beach Marina or maybe I just created a new marina. My assigned slip is AS11. Close to the Rogue Brewery.

Wifey B: Yes, I thought it was that one. I just didn't know it's name. We weren't there long and we docked at the commercial dock.

78puget-Trawler,
If I remember correctly the fish weighed somewhere around 30-32 lbs. That fish is getting bigger every day, so check back with me in awhile and maybe it could weigh more. Soooo, what would you expect from someone whose moniker is FISH TALES. Have a great day

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom