Intercoastal Waterway Updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FredB

Vessel Name
Wandering Star
Vessel Make
Chien Hwa Senator 43
I thought that a new thread would be useful for all those traveling the Ditch to be able to inform the rest of us what they are encountering up and down the waterway following Matthew.

Good idea, Fred. A few boats have been moving since Sunday up and down my stretch of the ICW here at Jacksonville Beach. We are still getting very high tides, which as they recede from the marshes and creeks, will carry windfall and debris out with the current. Obviously, boaters should expect / keep a sharp lookout for things in the channel.

I thought that a new thread would be useful for all those traveling the Ditch to be able to inform the rest of us what they are encountering up and down the waterway following Matthew.

It's "Intracoastal".

Many marinas are damaged and closed for a few day or possibly forever. If you plan on stopping at one for fuel or for the night, it would be wise to call ahead. And of course, with many marinas closed, the remaining ones may not have vacancies. Better make a reservation.

Numerous boats heading south passed through the Great Bridge Lock and through the Virginia Cut route today. The Centerville Bridge and the North Landing Bridge are operating. We are waiting at AYB for a couple of weeks so wave if you go by magic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom