wi-fi-in-the-wilderness/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Greetings to the Forum.:hello:

I recently submitted a blog site with information on electrical systems on the owners 42 foot Nordic Tug traveling throughout SE Alaska.
To day came the blog covering the use of wi-fi- during their voyage. following is the results of their experience. I would hope that many of you who are interested in communications during a anticipated voyage North or those who are into communications will enjoy this parties blog.:flowers:
I find the content of each worthy of reading. Recipes are to kill for as well!:)
The thought one day would be their discovery of the Trawler Forum and join. What a source.:thumb:

Wi-Fi in the Wilderness – Riveted

Al-Ketchikan 27' Marben Pocket Cruiser

Interesting... Specially the information about data on Alaska. thanks you for sharing

An excellent thread. Does anyone have experience using a pre-paid Rogers or Telus or AT&T SIM card in their IPhones and/or Hot Spots while cruising in CA and SEAK? Seems to me the primary issue with WWW connectivity in the boonies is generating a cellular-provided WiFi signal in the first place. Amplifying the WiFi signal (as extolled in AIRSHIP's blog site) seems to me to be a secondary issue.

And by the way, I can confirm that Verizon cellular services are 99% useless in both CA and SEAK.

Regards,

Pete

Back
Top Bottom