View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #424
Heron
Guru

City: Cypress Landing Marina (NC)
Vessel Name: Heron (2)
Vessel Model: '88 Cape Dory 28 Flybridge #115
Spent Saturday night out on a Mooring in the upper Pamlico river (NC). 4 of us were out on the balls and stayed on our boats. 60mph winds were probably the max. It was a bit lumpy out there in my 28 footer, but got through it fine. Unfortunately a 36' sailboat 2 moorings down broke loose in the night and went into the railroad bridge. As the water got pumped out of the River from the North wind It came substantially out of the water, pinned at the bridge. Water came up, boat stuck and went under at the bow. Sunday Morning SeaTow showed up. At this point the bow was down and water up to the mast. They tried to pump her out (with a marginal pump) then tried to pull her off the bridge. Last I saw Sunday Morning she was under and SeaTow was gone. Sad for the owner who was temporarily living aboard, but not there during the storm....Sorry I can't upload my pics at this time..

Currently back in my slip. Tar River feeding the Pamlico is at flood stage and water is running through my slip at 5 knots. This will likely continue for another few days... Washington without power until Wednesday.