Jericho Bay Lobster Skiff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
My friend Snapper and I have been building a 16 foot strip planked boat called a Lobster Skiff.
We turned it upright today and got a look at the inside for the first time today.
I thought you guys might like to see it. Snapper is the skilled woodworker. I'm really good at pushing sand paper and mixing epoxy. This picture is Snapper in the boat for the first time. (Damn it, how do you turn pictures right side up?)
Here is a link to pictures of the whole build. https://jmlynn.smugmug.com/Boats/Lobster-Skiff/

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 207
That's some nice work . Goodlooking hull . Hat's off to you two .
On rotating pics I have to rotate mine 90 degree first and save it , then rotate it the way I want it and save it again and then post it . It's crazy but it works .

Marty, that's just nuts, but it worked. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 195
Ah, Jericho Bay, Maine. The home of a million lobster buoys. Nice looking boat.

Fantastic project!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 517
Great build!

Truly a great build. I purchased the plans and am looking to build one sometime next year maybe. So your pictures are a huge help. I also live here in Miami and didn't think anyone here would be into building wooden boats given that almost everything here is fiberglass. If it would be alright, I would love to help with the build whenever possible or at least visit. I am sure an extra hand to help with sanding and such would be nice. I'll continue to follow the build so please keep posting pictures. Thanks a million.

Mac, welcome to the Trawler Forum. We work on the boat almost every Sunday. It's in a warehouse down in Homestead. If you'd like to see it, give me a call at my store in the afternoon. My website is below.

Back
Top Bottom