How I spent My Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad everything was OK. Your pool enclosure looks pretty strong!

Your aftermath pics remind me of the aftermath of hurricane Camille in Mississippi in 1969, IIRC. What a mess and lots of days without power or water and a mess to clean up.

Good luck an

Thanks for sharing. Good luck to all! - Art

Well I can certainly think of a better way to spend Friday, or any day for that matter. Happy you made it without any catastrophic damage. Can't imagine the poor people in Haiti and other islands living in shacks and wondering what they experienced. God bless all of you survivors as well as those soles lost.

Your aftermath pics remind me of the aftermath of hurricane Camille in Mississippi in 1969, IIRC. What a mess and lots of days without power or water and a mess to clean up.

Good luck an

Mike, I don't think we can compare the aftermath of Camille to Matthew. Hurricane Camille came ashore with sustained 175 mph winds pushing a 24' storm surge. Multi story buildings and many lives were lost. Here are a couple of links.

Hurricane Party

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2014/08/45_photos_of_hurricane_camille.html

The company I was with at the time was very instrumental in reacting to the thousands of homes completely destroyed by Camille. We had a cadre of people on the ground writing orders to speed the delivery of building materials. The areas damaged by the storm were prioritized to take precedence over orders to all other parts of the country. It was one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom