Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #65
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
You did manage to get into the weeds after all...<sigh>...

Not any part anywhere in part 159...

Elsewhere in 33 CFR 159 you'll find requirements for the mfrs of Type I and II MSDs (treatment devices)...including that they must be submitted to the USCG for certification and every unit must be made exactly like the one submitted. Any changes, they must be resubmitted for certification.

33 CFR 159.12a relieves the USCG of the burden having to certify every container someone wants to sell as a Type III (holding tank) by automatically certifying any device that's "designed to prevent the overboard discharge of treated or untreated sewageor any waste derived from sewage" and "is used solely for the storage of sewage and flushwater at ambient air pressure and temperature" as a Type III. And states that a any device that meets those two conditions doesn't have to meet any other conditions to be automatically certified as a Type III.

And that's the only thing that 33 CFR 159.12a addresses.

Peggie
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Bo...dp/1892399784/
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
You are repeating what I already know...

Because it doesn't refer to other specific sections, it just broad stokes any other regs in this part......I am not sure why doesn't that include the monitoring.

You don't have to respond as I am in the weeds, plus Iwill be checking directly with the USCG next week....it just is not clear to me and has others not seeing it so clearly either.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote