View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #354
wrwahl

City: 616 Daniel Island, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: You guys have to bring politics into everything, even at a time of extreme human suffering. Deal with your politics another time and show respect today for human life. The people dying aren't the ones at blame or even if some are, they're still dying.

And I'll continue to help if I can even if I know a lot won't go to them. The shipments mentioned earlier, well still some people may have eaten who otherwise wouldn't have.

People freaking died. Other people are going to get sick. Others will die. That's tragic regardless. If you have solutions go offer them but this isn't where they'll be resolved. I have my political thoughts too, but today isn't the time and this isn't the place. Today is for feeling and grieving. Today is for feeding and treating if you're able to help. Not a long term solution. A short term to people starving in the streets, to people being ravaged by disease, to families of those drowned. We live in a world largely protected and without diseases like cholera and with far less starving. We get concerned about Zika, a first world disease, small to this point compared to the 100000+ who die each year from cholera. What about the earthquake and the deaths from it in Haiti? Was the earthquake the fault of politicians or the rich or the government? H no. Was the hurricane their fault? H no. They did nothing to bring this on themselves unless you blame people for being poor and for living in the wrong part of the world.

I look by comparison that we're whining because we're without power. Well a lot of people are, not us. Or the headlines that 20 people are stuck in a bed and breakfast. Or a photo of some dude drove his Mercedes into deep water. Most of us don't know what suffering is. We say we're starving when we've been 10 hours since our last meal. Freezing when it's 60 degrees in our house. Burning up when it's 80 inside. Sick when we have a cold.

And the only thing different about us, any of us, is we were lucky enough to be born somewhere else.
Politics has EVERYTHING to do with it.
wrwahl is offline   Reply With Quote