perhaps one of the prettiest vessels ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Anyone see the article on Neil Young's 1913 100' wooden sailboat that is for sale? *AMAZING! *I am beyond inspired by the interior.....simply amazing. *I really want to tour this vessel!!!

[/b][b]http://tinyurl.com/5wkdra7

and here:

http://wnragland.com/

-- Edited by Woodsong on Monday 11th of April 2011 08:39:22 PM

-- Edited by Woodsong on Monday 11th of April 2011 08:41:40 PM

-- Edited by Woodsong on Monday 11th of April 2011 08:42:23 PM

Beautiful.* The intersection of art, LSD and boat.* I wonder if Neil Young wrote the description in the listing.* Sounds like it.

Woody,

You need to link your linkies

Tony

That is sooooooooo totally you!* You must have that yacht.* You can take your family on that long cruise you have been talking about.* Just think, as long as you own that yacht you will never have to worry about what to do with your time.
biggrin.gif

I was up close and personal with that boat at Bremerton Marina in May of 2009. The owners at the time were offering cruises. Its a big boat!

I had the good fortune to spend a couple days aboard the Ragland when the wife of a* good friend who grew up on a schooner ( SV Alcyone ) chartered her for a cruise for his 50th birthday.. We had a great weekend and I managed to sleep on a extra berth in the Master Cabin. The boat is a rugged work of art.. with magnificent carved deck beams and stained glass windows.* She is a slow pig though.* I spent the time looking at the amazing craftsmanship and shivered at the thought of maintaining her.* The skipper said about 150/200k a year!.

It also happened to be a perfect September in the San Juans so that really made it even better. I will see if I can scrounge a pic from the weekend

HOLLYWOOD

-- Edited by hollywood8118 on Monday 11th of April 2011 09:49:35 PM

Looks like work to me...
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom