Donations!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is not like "everybody throws money in the pot to cover the bill. The person that collects all the money realizes there is way too much in the pot, but then just pockets the rest for himself". The "creators" are more similar to the chefs than diners and are entitled to make a profit, if one is to be made. The entertainment and information is worth the donation. God bless them if they are able to make a profit!

I just put a few bucks in the bucket as I really enjoy this site and I hope that everyone can help out with what they can.

Thanks John and Doug, for making this site available and for keeping it ad free. I am sure I would not want to have the responsibility of maintaining a site like this, hobby or profession, so thanks for all you do.

-- Edited by Roostor on Saturday 9th of April 2011 02:30:04 PM

I may very well contribute. I enjoy this site, would hate to see it disappear and appreciate that it costs Doug and John out of pocket to run it. However, I feel strongly that the practice of putting $$$ signs in the avatar of those who have contributed is a bit much. What's next, starting a donor list of platinum members, gold members, silver members, and skinflint members depending on the dollar range they have contributed (or not)? Its close to a public shaming of those who, for one reason or another, don't or can't contribute, or can't contribute much.

dwhatty wrote:
* Its close to a public shaming of those who, for one reason or another, don't or can't contribute, or can't contribute much.
******** I could not agree more!

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Saturday 9th of April 2011 01:28:32 PM

I agree David. It seems like a con. Shaming folks to contribute but knowing these guys (to some extent) I think they were just trying to thank and give credit to those that have put bucks in the bucket. I contributed for past services as well and I've been here for 3.5 years and urge others to consider that too. This is my yacht club and I appreciate it very much.

I'm on the same bandwagon. Perhaps it could be optional? I would opt not to be recognized for a contribution. I appreciate the thought, but would opt out.

Ken

I contributed to help with the operating cost of this forum.......but I kind of miss the old method of seniority based on number of posts or egos (Wish I could think of a good one). I don't need to know who has contributed, just that Doug and Baker are not going out of pocket to provide this forum and for it to survive for our enjoyment.

-- Edited by rochepoint on Monday 11th of April 2011 09:02:51 AM

I am happy to donate. I don't need any accounting, nor do I care if there is an excess in the account when it is all done. As I see it, this is a labor of love for John and Doug and they have only asked for help (note, no demands) just for their out of pocket expenses. What we might donate won't begin to pay them for all the time, effort and original ideas in making all this work for us!
Thanks for the great work guys!

We donated via Pay Pal... but haven't seen any deductions from our account.... did it actually go through?

Perhaps changing it to "TF Supporter" or something....although some would think you were calling them a jock strap....

I very much appreciate the clean look, and ease of use of this site, and my hats are off to the sponsors for doing what they do.* Thank you!

* Happy to be onboard(pardon the pun)
wink.gif

Alrighty then. I will talk to Doug reference the dollar signs. He is on vacation all week so y'all will have to bare with it for a week. Thanks again folks!!!

rochepoint wrote:
I contributed to help with the operating cost of this forum.......but I kind of miss the old method of seniority based on number of posts or egos (Wish I could think of a good one). I don't need to know who has contributed, just that Doug and Baker are not going out of pocket to provide this forum and survive for our enjoyment.
*I've been away for a couple of weeks so I'm late to the party.*

I agree that if someone donated or not should not be noted on the Avatar.

I would also like to suggest that maybe the "Classifieds" should not be free.* Or at least the ones that have items (one or a list that adds up to)*over say $100.* Maybe a sub*section for Brokers that are members of the list should be allowed to advertise one boat a month for a set amount.* That's no more offensive than OTDE and we do not have to go there if we aren't interested.

superdiver wrote:
I have no issue with the Donate button, those who put this site together did a great job and continue to do so...

I dont like the annotation that someone IS a donater tho...I can see posting problems in the future due to that.
*D'accord.

Yeah, actually, I'd like to just go back to being an anonymous donor.

Gimme a few days reference the Avatars. I get most of my "time off" while working...hahahaha!!!!...and I start a trip today. SO I have to take care of "home stuff" first and then I will work on your avatars.

Thanks again for all of your support. It has been overwhelming and it is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Make sure to ask again in six months or if things get tight again. We're here for ya'.

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 12:23:24 PM

C lectric wrote:
Yeah, actually, I'd like to just go back to being an anonymous donor.
*Does that mean you have been a non anonymous donor in the past?

*You can donate to my cause. I want to install a keg system on my boat with an oosik for a tap handle.

Donations greatley appreciated.

SD

I kinda like the $$$. It makes me better than you. No, not you... you. You know who you are
wink.gif
Option to keep them?

Paying electronically is not for me.

I doubt most on line security systems work , with the Chinese Military and half of Russia and its ex captive states attempting FRAUD.

IF they can crack into the Pentagon and BOA daily , good luck with Pay Pal.

I would be happy to send a check,

FF wrote:
Paying electronically is not for me.

I doubt most on line security systems work , with the Chinese Military and half of Russia and its ex captive states attempting FRAUD.

IF they can crack into the Pentagon and BOA daily , good luck with Pay Pal.

I would be happy to send a check,
*My God you are paranoid.

Do you want may address, to send the check to.* I promise to send most of it to Doug.* Really most of it.* No really!

(sarcasm ahead) Yea, because Russia and China can learn so much about American business practices by hacking into PayPal. However, putting an envelope in a little box by a public street that any Joe Schmoe has access to, then allowing it to pass through dozens of underpaid government workers hands, any of which can take the routing number off your check, is BY FAR the more secure way to go. What's it like to live in such a paranoid world?
wink.gif
(removes tongue from cheek)

Oosik.

Here is a picture.**You will have to do a google to find out what it is.

SD

skipperdude wrote:
YTA1559FA_005AN_3.jpg
*You could use that to tap the keg.* Knock the bung to the bottom for sure.

"However, putting an envelope in a little box by a public street that any Joe Schmoe has access to, then allowing it to pass through dozens of underpaid government workers hands, any of which can take the routing number off your check, is BY FAR the more secure way to go."

Sure is , the gov serfs are awash in millions of envelopes , its safety in the herd effect.

AS a reality note most overseas banks send cash , and Antwerp dealers send diamonds thru the mail .

If there is an address?

FF wrote:its safety in the herd effect.
*I guess you are safe,*I hear*the herd is quite big in FL

-- Edited by JD on Thursday 14th of April 2011 10:38:40 AM

I still wonder why the term "boner" is used when there is no bone in the human penis.

By the way ...

Prohibitions. With the exceptions contained in the Act, it is unlawful for a person to take a marine mammal, to possess a marine mammal or product taken in violation of the Act, or to transport, purchase, sell, import or export a marine mammal. It is generally unlawful to import a pregnant or nursing marine mammal, a depleted mammal, or a mammal taken in an inhumane or illegal way. It is also unlawful to take any species of whale incident to commercial whaling in U.S. waters. § 1372.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom