View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #20
utazo89

City: Kirkland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seevee View Post
Another real pet peeve of mine is how brokers won't let you do a trial run without a deposit. No frickin way. Don't mind paying for expenses and a captain, but not going to put 10% into his account, regardless of what they say.... and never had an issue with that.
I agree with you, although, some members here suggested that the 10% proves your seriousness towards the seller. If you don't put the check down, the seller might not be interested dealing with you.

Talking about seller's interest. Since, there is no regulation to this, how can I tell that my offer, high or low, has been presented to the seller? Going through a listing broker, there is no way to negotiate properly, as you can do in other businesses. Every business deal can have particular situations, when the sale suddenly becomes urgent or important and the seller is willing to accept a not perfect offer. It happens everyday. But when you have a broker in between you and the seller, there is no way to know. I am not wishing hard time to any seller, but deal is a deal. We all want the best of it.

Another problem with the listing broker/buyer broker situation is the split of the commission. I have made an offer recently and the negotiation was moving along very slowly. We should not even call it a negotiation. At the end, the deal fell apart and the boat is still sitting there, soaking. We were really close, because I was willing to go up and up. Looking back, I had the impression that the listing broker did not want to share the commission. That is his right, of course. But how can I know that the seller would not take my offer, without a broker? I could locate the seller if I wanted to, but I like to play the games honestly. Who knows, if the seller would change his mind and put pressure on the broker to active himself and make a deal? My broker did what he could, but nobody can force the listing broker to share the deal, or even to present a particular offer to the seller. We will never know, if my offer was even known by the seller, at all?
utazo89 is offline   Reply With Quote