Battery cable break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the help.
Today's frustrations went as follows: Based on suggestions went looking for a fuse(s). Actually found them buried in the cable trays. The fuse for the suspect cable was blown (no voltage on the downstream side. Went and got a new fuse (actually bought two figuring it was like headlights). Put new fuse in, now have voltage on the downstream side. Celebration starts ...

Go to panel, no voltage at the other end. Many curse words later... way I figure it somewhere between the fuse and panel there must be some problem that caused the original fuse to go (luckily for the PO)

So I am back to square one. At this point I will spend the money to get a pro in to run new cable to keep something bad from happening.

It would be interesting to find what caused the issue but not worth pulling an engine.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They did help.

Progress sometimes comes in steps.
I have seen a report of issue w a battery selector sw. You might re check input post - or other end of suspect cable - to see if V is getting that far

Bacchus,
tried all that. I actually ended up disconnecting both ends just in case. Since I don't know where it goes astray I figured better safe than sorry.

I actually probed under the insulation to get away from the crimped connector to be sure it was not the fitting gone bad.

Back
Top Bottom