View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #4
Jeffrey S
Scraping Paint

City: Full-time onboard
Vessel Model: Trawler
There's an incredible program from Zimmerman Marine that any buyer should look into. They act as a buyer broker and provide you back with 20% of their commission in yard work. Their goal is to match the boat to your needs and provide you with a spreadsheet of things the boat needs with expected and high prices. They provide a warranty on items missed in a survey. They'll set up the surveys and generally get the best people since they know them all after being in business for 35 years. Their goal is to keep you as a customer for many years - it's a great plan.

There is a boat price limit to get into the program - somewhere higher than $150,000 or so.

We used the program for our purchase of Red Head. Before the final deadline for committing to the purchase, Steve sat down with Karen and me to go over the spreadsheet. It allows you to go into a purchase with totally open eyes.

We spent 3 months at their yard having the top, most important items of the spreadsheet completed. Their estimates were dead on. They also put all 4 yards along the mid-Atlantic ready to help with tech support on your boat whenever you need it.

It's a fantastic program. Even if you contacted a broker about a boat you're interested in, they'll get in on the purchase and provide you with the program. That's actually what happened to me. I had contacted the selling broker about Red Head. But Zimmerman was able to become the buyer broker after the fact.

The experience was exceptional. More info at:
Thinking About Buying a Used Boat? | Zimmerman Marine

Watch the video...
Jeffrey S is offline   Reply With Quote