Coot's swim platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Contrary to a previous post of mine, the Coot's swim platform IS folding, according to Seahorse Marine's website.* (Did umpteen searches for the previous post, but the lame search function couldn't find it.)

Mark,

I think that's a very good idea to have a folding swim platform. If you get almost pooped the swim platform can, w the help of a stern sea, hold the stern down so the wave winds up on board. But if folded up*** ....no problem.

A folding swim platform will save you some money on your slip rental every month for other things. Beer?

Yeah, especially since I didn't order or pay for the extra-cost item, but perhaps Bill Kimley is being extra kind/generous to me.** I was*afraid I'd break*the platform against a dock/whatever,*and be bothered by following seas.* Good that it's folding.

Old Stone wrote:
Mark - do you think you will always raise it when you are under way? Makes sense.
*Presently I'm thinking it will always be raised unless there is an immediate*need/use for it.* Nevertheless, my intended marina charges by the size of the berth, not the boat.* Of course, the length of the boat factors into the berth's length.

Back
Top Bottom