TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your attention, please. It gives great pleasure to report that our first seminar has been booked. Howard, who is a new expert on this, will be presenting his program on the various methods and uses of TP in a marine head. It is expected to take 3 hours. So, there will be 3 TF CE credits to those attending. Thank you, Howard.
don't forget about you know who.....:)

giphy.gif

don't forget about you know who.....:)

Scot, I would like to cover this more in depth, but it looks like we are going to have a full schedule of seminars. Maybe next time.

Word has been received that Capt. Jack (Sailor of Fortune), who was held up in Jamaica last year, will be here. As most know that runs the ocean going salvage ship, Atlantic Salvor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Salvor

We are still hoping that he will present his seminar on what to do when disabled at sea, and the tow hawser weighs more than your boat.

Don, I will be calling upon you, Oliver, and Wifey B to serve as models for my presentation. Since there will be a large turn out be sure to engage a diver in advance to clean your bottoms.

Scot, I would like to cover this more in depth, but it looks like we are going to have a full schedule of seminars. Maybe next time.

Word has been received that Capt. Jack (Sailor of Fortune), who was held up in Jamaica last year, will be here. As most know that runs the ocean going salvage ship, Atlantic Salvor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Salvor

We are still hoping that he will present his seminar on what to do when disabled at sea, and the tow hawser weighs more than your boat.
I meant the TP expert lecture.... you can ask a few on here...I am not qualified to even wipe my butt.....:D

Sure thing, Howard. Anything to assist. I will alert my diver, Brian, to stand by. There are some things that WifeyB would be better at than me or Oliver. So, it's great that she will be here.:thumb::thumb:

I meant the TP expert lecture.... you can ask a few on here...I am not qualified to even wipe my butt.....:D

Well, I suppose we could squeeze in a short demonstration by David on using his rustic TP. I won't help with that. That stuff looks like it could draw blood.:eek:

Don. I read the entire TP thread previously reported. It was quite entertaining and humorous however I'm not sure I would want to attend another seminar on this subject. I'll relate a short story about a friend who I fished with for years, he developed a way to hang his butt over the gunwale of my boat, spread wide and let it fly. He was proud that he didn't even have to wipe. He said with glee that if done perfectly a small amount of sea water would rise and act as a bidet. Technique!!!

Don. I read the entire TP thread previously reported. It was quite entertaining and humorous however I'm not sure I would want to attend another seminar on this subject. I'll relate a short story about a friend who I fished with for years, he developed a way to hang his butt over the gunwale of my boat, spread wide and let it fly. He was proud that he didn't even have to wipe. He said with glee that if done perfectly a small amount of sea water would rise and act as a bidet. Technique!!!

You should have saved that story for your #2 part in the seminar.:D

#2 part. Pun intended?

Just a wild guess! LOL

I received confirmation from Ft. Pierce City Marina today. I stated that I was part of the Trawler Forum group and requested the floating dock.

I'll be in Ft Pierce by quarter past December, don't know how long I'll stay. But I want to get to the West Coast (of FL) by half past February.

Just wondering what nice hotels are close to the gathering....if one were to "show up" ;)

For the better hotel you will probably want to stay I the beach as the marina is on the ICW as the foot of the west side of the causeway.

Hope this helps.

Love the dates, but darn - already have ski reservations and have purchased lift tkts for those dates :banghead::banghead:. As us Mississippi State football fans say - there's always next year:angel:. And I did so want to personally witness Al's pink hat:dance:.

Love the dates, but darn - already have ski reservations and have purchased lift tkts for those dates :banghead::banghead:. As us Mississippi State football fans say - there's always next year:angel:. And I did so want to personally witness Al's pink hat:dance:.

Did someone mention Mississippi State? We were in Starkville over the weekend. We managed to beat Samford, but Texas A&M is this coming Saturday. Then it's Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Alabama. Shazams! What a way to wind up a season. They are all nationally ranked teams. We can take solace in our contribution to the Dallas Cowboys, Dak Prescott. It saved their season.

By the way Dak is a prince of a fellow. My grandson thought he was tops as a person. Here is a picture of Harrison, Lou and me taken Friday night. Another is Harrison blocking for the extra point at the LSU game. The SEC West is a very tough conference.

Attachments

• Harrison with Lou and Don.jpg
    Harrison with Lou and Don.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 79
  • Harrison at LSU 2016.jpg
    Harrison at LSU 2016.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Thanks Ray. I guess I was a little sideways Friday night.

If the photo was correct the first time, I can rotate it back!!! At least Harrison was on the bottom of the pile. That's one big boy!

In Division 1 football all offensive line guys are big boys. When not on the field they are in the gym year round. Just for reference I am 6'1".

Don

Not only are they big and strong but they are fast. I played in the '60s and I never faced guys this size today but if I did I might not be alive now. LOL

Don

Not only are they big and strong but they are fast. I played in the '60s and I never faced guys this size today but if I did I might not be alive now. LOL

A diversion for sure, but what the hell. It's football season in SEC country. This is a video of Stan Hindman doing a run down on a punt return run. Stan went on to play 8 seasons with the SF 49ers. He then went back to architectural school and practiced in Oakland for the rest of his career.

Stan and I were room mates while doing our annual training at 4th Corps Headquarters in Birmingham. He was not large for a defensive guard, but boy was he fast.

https://vimeo.com/4665081

That big boy is fast!

Cheers.

I'm going to put a real effort to show up this year.

We hope you can all make it. I will guarantee that you will be meeting some very nice folks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom