The End of Toilet Paper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djones44

Vessel Name
Twilight1
Vessel Make
Permaglass Sedan
This description of a hand-held bidet just in, https://goo.gl/mlziE2 and it seems to be the ideal solution for marine use (with a custom head for, er, squatting in).

Last edited:
I had a friend who was a marine. According to him, MRE's come with everything you need, including TP. But you only get 2 squares. I expressed skepticism about that being enough. He explained that it is for cleaning off your fingers.

2 squares? Wastage!
Take one square,fold it twice. At the corner formed by the folds carefully pinch out the corner. Keep the small piece of paper pinched out.
You are now ready to "clean up". Insert index finger through the hole you created in the center of the paper square. The small piece of paper is for cleaning under the fingernail.

Greetings,
Mr. MY. "...a marine corps drill instructor." I suspect Mr. BK was a Boy Scout. Common knowledge imparted by Lord Baden Powell.

This description of a hand-held bidet just in, https://goo.gl/mlziE2 and it seems to be the ideal solution for marine use (with a custom head for, er, squatting in).

People are fond of using a shower head to supply flush water...seems to me that someone just found another use for shower heads.

I've been in the marine sanitation field for almost 30 years...but between this thread and the other TP,this is the first time that any group has provided me with more information (a LOT more, actually!) than I EVER wanted or even needed to know!

There's old saying..."class will out." But so does a lack of any.

Last edited:
We`ve had a bidet at home for years. Even incorporated into the toilets on recent Japan Airlines flights. Food mostly inedible, "sky suites" less accommodating than a dog kennel, but excellent toilets.

So that's why all the toilets here in the Middle East have hoses next to them. I did think that it was an unusual place from which to get a drink.

Having spent most of my life in this hemisphere, I'm actually clueless on "technique" for using a bidet. I've always thought this was too indelicate a question to ask, but I don't think I can bring this thread any lower.

I can certainly picture "showering" oneself clean, but how does one then dry the affected region? I'm thinking it would take more toilet paper than the traditional method. And I don't think I'd want to share towels used for that purpose.

"And I don't think I'd want to share towels used for that purpose."

However a toilet that would flush a towel would be a delight to see.

I remember a the bathroom at a customer's office in the Sudan, they had connected a piece of about 1/4" copper tubing to the water supply of the toilet then bent it into the toilet so when it it's valve was opened it would squirt water up like a bidet. Not a bad idea. Out in the country where the field workers "go" outdoorsthey carry a water jug to rinse themselves, no paper.

Bare with me I was born in France and spent 23 years there before moving to Canada. I remember time when I was young when there was a bidet in every bathroom of every house. This is the kind of subject you are not incline to talk about during a fine diner but these are things of life and we all do the same. I think a bidet, while not the trend now, is pretty hygienic. It was a time when PT was a luxury and bidet is nice simple solution to mankind instant of solitude when the best prepared diners finish their life in the worst place :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom