Thread: Toilet Tissue
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
I seem to remember reading in Peggy's book (I believe) that any cheap single-ply will work well.
Marine/RV TP is just cheap flimsy TP at a much higher price. I learned that 20 years ago when I was at the SeaLand plant in Ohio. During a tour of the plant I watched an employee take a brand of cheap TP out of a case and put it in marine/rv bags.

The quickest way to find out whether any TP is ok for use in a marine toilet is to tear off a couple of sheets and put 'em in a mason jar full of water (or any container if you don't have a mason jar)...come back in an hour and shake the jar or stir the water. If the water is milky and all you see is "snow," it's just fine for use in any marine toilet...but if the sheets are still intact or mostly intact, try another brand.

And btw...an overload of even quick-dissolve TP can clog a toilet. But if that's ALL it is, just wait 30 minutes and try flushing again. Unless somebody flushed something they shouldn't have--like a wet wipe--the clog will have dissolved enough to be flushed through to the tank.

Peggie
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Bo...dp/1892399784/
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote