Trawler Fest at Anacortes WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil Fill

Guru
Vessel Name
Eagle
Vessel Make
Roughwater 58 pilot house
May 12 thru 14<sup>th</sup> is Trawler Fest at Anacortes WA.* I was thinking we might be able to get a get together.* We go every year which is an one hour drive from Everett.* Also since you are in the area, come and visit us on the Eagle.**Debe and I*are planning on going, and we are open as to the*day and time.*******

We haven't registered yet but we intend to be there for PMU as well as Trawlerfest.* We'll be on Gray Hawk so we could host some kind of a gathering, depending on numbers.

We're in for PMU & Trawlerfest. My SO got the last slot for Patti Moore's 2 day single screw class. I'm doing Steve D's 2 day class.

I'd love the opportunity to get together. Let's see how this thread develops!

May I offer Delfin as a gathering point?* I thought perhaps a deck barbeque might be nice, depending on the weather.* We're on D29 on the main dock for the Trawler Fest, and there's enough room on the deck for quite a few hands.

Either Friday or Saturday works for me.

Please say "Hi" to Bill Kimley of Seahorse Marine for me if you see him.

Delfin wrote:
May I offer Delfin as a gathering point?* I thought perhaps a deck barbeque might be nice, depending on the weather.* We're on D29 on the main dock for the Trawler Fest, and there's enough room on the deck for quite a few hands.

Either Friday or Saturday works for me.
*Next week May 12 thru 15 is Trawler Fest.* My wife is leaving on May 13, Friday, going on a mission trip to Haiti, so late Friday or Saturday would be better.

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 02:55:04 PM

Rob and Anne "Lady Anne" will be available. We live close by and any time will work. Love to meet a few locals over in Anacortes. Both Anne and I would love to visit Delfin, every time we walk the docks there's no one @ home.

Rob and Anne Hays
"Lady Anne" Willard 40 PH
La Conner, Wa/Girdwood, Ak.

I'll be on board on Friday and Saturday, so please stop by.

Sadly, it looks like I won't make this one.* I'm currently running the Island Spirit http://smallalaskaship.com/**** and had to give up bringing the Scorpius to Trawler Fest.* I tried to find someone to move it, but had to leave for Alaska prior to hearing if it worked out.* Have a beer for me........................Arctic Traveller

My wife will no be with me, so now I can go on expensive bigger boats without the fear that my wife will buy one.** I have to get the laundry, grocery shopping, vacuum, dust before I can leave, so around noon.* Even thou there is not a gathering, I still hope to meet some of you and to go on Delfin boat.
So those of you that are there and/or have been how is the turn out?* What boats over 50 ft are there? What boat do you think will take show and/or worth going on?

The 64 Dashew Sarah Sarah is well worth a look, as is the Diesel Duck 10 to 2, the Captain Ross (restored fishing boat) and the Soverign of Malahide, which is the nicest $650,000 sale price $3 million refit boat I have ever seen, as long as you like varnish. *As in varnished teak desks, etc., etc.

So, did the Scorpius make it to the show?* It's hard to tell from Juneau...................Arctic Traveller

I went Saturday about noon.* Since I know many of the brokers/vendors I chatted and ate my way through the show.** I only went on older refurbished and non bran name boats as I like to talk to boaters about refitting the boat as you can pick up some great ideas and boaters love to talk about their boats.* All the name brand where there, Defever, Krogan, Nordhavn, Selene, Nordit Tug, American Tugs, Delta and Northern Marina.* I did go on the Delta, 85 ft and the Northern Marine 75 and 90 ft.* Delta and Northern Marine are my two favorite boats as they also build commercial trawler so they know how to build blue water boats.*

The boats used refurbish boats I went on where;

*Of course* I went on the Delfin as that was the amin reason for going to the show.*Seeing the Delfin first*hand*was better than any pictures.**He did a wonderful/gorgeous job.*

Soveigenor A older Malendhide *65 ft wood canoe stern that was brought down to the bear wood and refinished in high gloss interior and exterior.* It was a show case boat and boat house kept.* Since the Eagle had a teak decks, interior and exterior trim I was really impress with the bright work.

There was a converter 60 ft wood rounded stern commercial trawler that was converted to a pleasure.* A complete new aluminum supper and hull below the water line.* What was nice is the windows where extra large to let in sun and the interior was done in light wood.*

The most unusual boat was the Sarah Sahah built in New Zealand, aluminum by a sail boat mfg company so the hull was like a sail boat.* the first hull is called *the Wind horse that has circled the word which has been written up on many boat magazines.

There were* couple of diesel duck designs.* One build in Port Townsend by on older couple that is a motor sailor.* Not many trawler have sails but as fuel increase more will have them.*

There were two 90+ older steel refurbish boats what would make great charters.* I know one is a charter and the other is private but would make a great charter. You could have several couple on the boat and could have their own area. **They made our 58 ft look/feel small.*

It was a great trawler boat show, but there seemed to be more brokers/vendors than customers.* Oh, I did talk to the Passagemaker magazine and they are goin to have their chat board up by the end of the month.* It was great show.* ********

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom