New Member Disappointment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good surveyor should have gone through the various on, 1,2, off connections to verify working not working systems.

Are you serious?

Of course. The PO didn't know the answer to a question I had on a boat I bought earlier this year, so I called the surveyor and he gave me the answer.

My surveyor was an idiot.....He just regurgitated the findings on a 1 year earlier survey on the same boat. I knew more than he did with 1 hour on the boat. A TOTAL waste of money IMO.

Everyone has there own way to get to know their boat.

I prefer to verify things myself, by cutting those cable ties and following the wiring wherever possible, and make my own wiring diagram. The same goes for plumbing and fuel lines etc.
It is easy enough to tidy the cable runs up again after you've got it all sorted out.

OK lets backup a little. One step at a time. Take the covers off the battery boxes and post clean pics of the tops. We should be able to determine if they are starting batts or deep cycle and which are paralleled as a bank.
X2 for KaSeaTa as a best initial guess.

Last edited:
When all else fails, have a marine electrician come down for an hour and answer your questions.

Back
Top Bottom