Old 09-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #13
sunchaser
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty477 View Post
A couple of proposed 'experiments' for those who are curious...

- You go on a week trip with your boat, You parked your new car in the lot next to the boat slip for that week. When you come back from your trip go up to your new car with that new finish and consider heavily dry wiping the paint with a rag. You will likely decide that is not a good idea as you see the 'grit' laying on your new finish.

- Vaccum your boats areas over and around the engine bays with a vac that has a new good paper dust filter. We often use them for our wet vacs when cleaning up spackle dust or similar small particles. When done carefully open up the new bag and see what comes out of those areas and if you would be willing to 'chuck' that stuff into a running engine.

"I question the need for a light use recreational boater.No dogs, beaches or kids"
I respectively submit that your situation is great but does not fit a typical recreational boater. It only takes one heavy windy day with you operating the engine to suck up whatever is floating around.
Are the diesels we have not worth the effort to make sure they get clean air, clean oil and clean coolant? These are the real basic needs of any diesel engine.
Smitty

You are assuming my OEM foam filters are useless. Humm.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote