Best motor for new Boston Whaler 13 skiff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We repower we our '67 whaler with a 30hp Nissan (4S) from a 35 Johnson (2 stroke). Worked great.

Were I to do it now, I 2nd the vote for the Suzuki 20hp EFI.

A simple rule of thumb is you will get 1 mpg for each HP.on a 13 ft BW

So a 18hp will cruise well at 18mph, a 35 will go 35 .

If you are going to use a crane to bring it aboard I have the SS lifting gear and mounting set for a single point lift.

If you are going to use a crane to bring it aboard I have the SS lifting gear and mounting set for a single point lift.

Is this something you're not using and would like to sell, or share the measurement of ???

A lifting harness is something I am going to have to come up with.

I chose a Suzuki 20 this year based on good reviews, their EFI in small outboards and, largely, because it was the lightest OB in it's size and I'm on the edge of my davit rated capacity. Happen to have the brochure here on my desk - they make a 25 electric at 140 lbs that might fit your boat nicely. 30 electric is 158. I was really pleased with the motor so far but only have 1 summer in.

I think I am probably going to go with the Suzuki 20hp electric start, power tilt model. I just got a $3400 delivered quote and that includes the side mount shifter.

With all the discussion of carb vs EFI, and the reliability I have seen with EFI in larger engines, the Suzuki seems like a good choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom